GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with OEM Denali headlights, I need pics of the rear of the housing. Particularly around the halogen projector.:secret:

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for the day crew:wave:

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
See how that has fine cracks on it? That's what happens when you run a cheap, fake HID "blue" blubs. I bought that set for a spare really cheap on ebay - then found out why they were cheap. :pissed:

The mirrored surface inside cracks from heat, as the aftermarket ^.^ bulbs are rated at a higher wattage.

You may be able to score a set like those, since the projector won't matter anyway.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
See how that has fine cracks on it? That's what happens when you run a cheap, fake HID "blue" blubs. I bought that set for a spare really cheap on ebay - then found out why they were cheap. :pissed:

The mirrored surface inside cracks from heat, as the aftermarket ^.^ bulbs are rated at a higher wattage.

You may be able to score a set like those, since the projector won't matter anyway.
that'll teach you

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

yep the driver side lamp i have is like this cause high wattage bulbs were run in it.

Cmatt - if you need a set, PM me, i have a messed up driver side on like matt pictured i can send your way for cheap ;)

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
that'll teach you
Yeah, fail on reading comprehention. Try again?

I'll help you. Bought that set as a spare = Denalis. The previous owner ran hot bulbs, fucked up the projectors and sold them cheap. The light output was horrid. Can't focus the projector beam with a cracked mirror.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
Yeah, fail on reading comprehention. Try again?

I'll help you. Bought that set = Spare Denalis. The previous owner ran hot bulbs, fucked up the projectors and sold them cheap.
fail on spelling the word "comprehension" :crazy:

This is the part i misunderstood:

See how that has fine cracks on it? That's what happens when you run a cheap, fake HID "blue" blubs. I bought that set for a spare really cheap on ebay - then found out why they were cheap.

By "that set" i thought you were referring to the cheap fake HID "blue" bulbs. Meaning you bought some cheap HID bulbs as spares, not whole projectors as spares. Jeez my bad :insane:

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep the driver side lamp i have is like this cause high wattage bulbs were run in it.

Cmatt - if you need a set, PM me, i have a messed up driver side on like matt pictured i can send your way for cheap ;)
Le PM sent:shake:

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
no no no no!! That's an elcheapo aftermarket light! My buddy who owns a body shop told me the other day when I was looking for a mirror to stay away from aftermarket part numbers that have a V in them.... V = Value! :down: The part # for those is CV073014.

Even though you're hacking them up, major problems will arise, such as water condensation and very poor fitment.

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
How about the TYC housings?

DSCF2473.jpg

DSCF2477.jpg

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no no no no!! That's an elcheapo aftermarket light! My buddy who owns a body shop told me the other day when I was looking for a mirror to stay away from aftermarket part numbers that have a V in them.... V = Value! :down: The part # for those is CV073014.

Even though you're hacking them up, major problems will arise, such as water condensation and very poor fitment.
Dude, thanks. It's amazing how much info you've packed into that melon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts