GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
White GMC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hids in my low and fogs and light output is way better than stock. My question is would the light output be better with the denali projectors on a 05 gmc sierra? Running hids in stock housings. If so would oem denali housings be better or would the ones off of ebay be fine?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
regardless of light output its not gonna get worse. but get the denali projectors anyway. they look way better. You can get the denali projectors from ebay. but make sure they are oem. Not that china crap.

Where you from in GA?

·
White GMC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im from Douglas, GA and can i still use my 9006 hids with the denali housings? modification?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yea far as i know the bulbs will install just like they do now in your stock headlights. Wait for denailiano to find this thread he knows all things denali so he will have a definite answer.

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Denali's are 9005s but im pretty sure you can modify the 9006 to fit its basically the same base but the notches are a little off.

Denali projectors will give you less glare and a better cutoff than your stock reflectors. I have ebay "factory replacement" headlights and they are decent in output, im very picky though.

·
White GMC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RickP Can you get me some pictures of your light output at night? and can you direct me to the headlights that you ordered off ebay?

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
the bulbs are a 9005... I have a 55w DDM HID kit in mine and I cant see how you could have the same HID set in a regular set of housings without blinding everyone... Ive parked next to my 03 2500 and the light pattern is waaaay better(ignoring brightness form HIDs on the Nali)

·
OG Triple OG
55 Posts
i just got my denali headlights in from ebay the other night but i cant seem to find a way to get my HIDS to go in since yes they are 9005. Does anyone know how to slightly mod either one so i dont mess anything up? or should i just find some 9005 HID replacement bulbs off ebay also and not make it a big hassle?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
i just got my denali headlights in from ebay the other night but i cant seem to find a way to get my HIDS to go in since yes they are 9005. Does anyone know how to slightly mod either one so i dont mess anything up? or should i just find some 9005 HID replacement bulbs off ebay also and not make it a big hassle?
Are the genuine GM Denali Projectors?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Just an FYI, the 9006 will NOT fit in a 9005 socket. they will work the other way around, because the base of the 9005 is narrower in diameter then the 9006.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts