GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took possession of my take off Denali Rims today and I couldn't wait to put them on. I took a few pictures and I thought I'd share the process with you guys.

WARNING: There are a lot of pictures on this page. Dial-ups beware :anitoof:

Fresh from the dealership:

My new rims are all dirty:

Just a comparsion (Denali on left, stocker on the right):

Where my stockers are chilling as of right now:

The finished product:

Overall I'm very happy with the final project. I would eventually like to get some 20s, but I'm happy to be rolling with these for now (until I get some more cash and a 20" rim I actually like). At least it's different and not something you see everyday.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Very nice mod. They compliment your truck well.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
yeah man those look great on the stepside, nice mod :head:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Oh yeah you can't got wrong with those! And since you needed tires anyway it's a big improvement! I didn't know they were chrome looking, I thought they were silver. Looks better than I thought! :rocking:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i wanna find me some after i get my drop... how much you think they will set me back?

D

·
0 Posts
low slow 00 said:
i wanna find me some after i get my drop... how much you think they will set me back?

I bought mine for $300 with rims & tires

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the complements :D I like the shine and everything from them. There is no replacement for chrome, but I think these come close enough for now :anitoof: plus I added some tire dressing after the pics were taken so my rubber is all shiney :cool:

low slow 00 said:
As far as price...it can vary. Ebay has the rims (by themselves) for as little as $300 for a set (+S&H) or for as high as $1k (+S&H) for rims and tires.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stu Meat said:
or you could just goto the dealer and put a denali on jack stands :anitoof:
:LOL:

A few months ago someone shattered the driver side window to a Denali and took the headlamps...

I knew there was a cheaper way to get my mods done :grin:

:joke:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
DeToN8TeD said:
I bought mine for $300 with rims & tires
Where did you find some for $300, also did they come with tires or just the rims

D

·
0 Posts
Blue02 said:
Where did you find some for $300, also did they come with tires or just the rims

came with rims and tires.... bought them off a guy that put some 20s on his yukon

·
Registered
639 Posts
HumanZoom said:
:LOL:

A few months ago someone shattered the driver side window to a Denali and took the headlamps...

I knew there was a cheaper way to get my mods done :grin:

:joke:
Nice......thats the best way....tire iron 3$, breaking a gmc denali truck's window to steal the headlights...0$, manager's face comming into work and finding out what someone did....priceless

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's one with tire dressing on:

Not the best pic, but you get the idea...now I need some Denali projection lamps to complete the look :naughty:

It looks like rain for the last two or three days...never fails...get it all nice and clean after like a month with no rain and then it starts clouding up :bawl:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Badassilverado said:
Damn those are a lot bigger than the stockers. Looks good :head2:

You should clear your headlights out :read:
Thanks! The size change was enough to offset my speedo by about 1-2 MPH (best as we can figure out)...not a big difference. Oh well...I don't have a programmer and I didn't want to dish out to the dealer the 75 bux it took to change it...I can live with it...plus I wanted to go with lower profile tires on it next time it needs new rubber anyway...

As far as the headlights...it's on my "to do" list :anitoof:

D

·
0 Posts
I just put my Denali rims back on my truck; jacked them back from my dad!
:anitoof:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts