GMC Truck Forum banner

Detail: GMC Sierra Crew Cab Z71

2K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  spanky 
#1 ·
Got this truck this morning at 6am. Finished at 1pm. No before pix, even forgot my coffee.

See less See more
#4 ·
I love it!!! good job man!

#8 ·
he lives in boston, so the acidy rain shit was all over it. i did a detail last year on a corolla that destoryed a brand new clay bar of mine, this wasnt as bad, but the whole thing had to be clayed real well. its got some dings and scratches, some were too deep to get out. but i diminished the look of them if i couldnt get them out. it really needed a full correction job. up close u can still see some scratches. if he paid me to do it, i wouldve used a combo of SSR3/2.5/1. but since he didnt want a correction job done, he didnt get one. however, this looks amazing in person :imo much better than what it was. hes going to be pumped when he see's it. im assuming it'll be back again in the middle of the summer since he lives in the city.

thanks for the compliments guys

#9 ·
I get up a 6am every morning but its for work. Its the perfect time to:imo The weather is just right and the sun is just coming up.

Looks badass Cook. You always do a great job.:thumbsup:
yeah i was up at 530 this morning after going out for some beers last night. kinda sucked, but worth the few bucks i made.

thanks for the compliments bro.

i see compound dust in the doorjam :killer: sorry but i had to say it
thats not compound. the whole trucks been resprayed. im not sure if it use to be white or not, or if it was pieced back together after a wreck using parts off of a white truck. i saw some runs in the paint, and some areas looked textured. its a wicked shitty paint job up close. but u dont notice it really unless your looking.

#16 ·
i spray BnB on an applicator pad and wipe around the sidewalls. and then spray it in the wheel wells and wipe clean too if they have the black plastic on the inside, or even rubber undercoat.

chris- ill PM u when i need it. im also going to need some of that leather/vinyl/trim stuff by klearkote. and a bunch of other stuff. :shake:

#19 ·
:mad:

I didn't see it on your site,but now that I know I beez a happy man:ninja:

Awesome job Cook...just curious how you like to apply BnB?
I can upload I suppose. I dont keep all sizes posted from them, but if its made in an available size, you can get it from me :)

i spray BnB on an applicator pad and wipe around the sidewalls. and then spray it in the wheel wells and wipe clean too if they have the black plastic on the inside, or even rubber undercoat.

chris- ill PM u when i need it. im also going to need some of that leather/vinyl/trim stuff by klearkote. and a bunch of other stuff. :shake:
Have you tried Bare Bones yet for wheel wells? You might want to give it a shot if you havent. Shit is great!

But yea, lemme know whenever you're ready bro :shake:

#21 ·

I tried with a few different applicators and it just seems to soak up to much and not put hardly anything on the tire.I haven't been able to spray it on because it just gets everywhere

I absolutely love it though,but I may try that optibond Chris has

#25 ·
I tried with a few different applicators and it just seems to soak up to much and not put hardly anything on the tire.I haven't been able to spray it on because it just gets everywhere

I absolutely love it though,but I may try that optibond Chris has
OB is tied w/ BnB for my favorite dressing. Obviously they're different dressings, but those are my top 2 :imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.