GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The snow has finally melted so it was time for my spring detail. I was upset this morning, I ordered some products while at college and was hoping to recieve them this weekend. Well, I get home last night, and I recieved my optimum polish but not my new PC. I just did the regular wash on the Jeep and the UPS woman rolled up right as I was finishing with the PC:clap:.

My 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited:

-Solid undercarrige wash, to remove the winter salt.
-Meguiars Wash.
-Simple Green on wheels with toothbrush on the white lettering.
-Optimum Polish via a Lake Country orange pad on the PC. Spread at 2, then worked in at 5 & 6.
-Armor all on wheel wells, engine pieces and various exterior plastics.

Before

P1010924.jpg

P1010925.jpg

P1010926.jpg

P1010927.jpg

After:

P1010928.jpg

P1010929.jpg

P1010930.jpg

P1010930.jpg

P1010931.jpg

P1010932.jpg

P1010933.jpg

P1010934.jpg

P1010935.jpg

P1010936.jpg

P1010937.jpg

P1010938.jpg

P1010939.jpg

P1010941.jpg

Engine Before:

P1010942.jpg

Engine After:

P1010943.jpg

I scored another detail today, my neighbor saw me and wants me to do his Hummer again.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
looks good Donnie!....

SSR is an awesome product, but yeah any sort of true cut polish you will need to have some sort of PC/polisher for...

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
the bleach white is too dangerous for wheels IMO... i think simple green does tires just fine.
looks clean and all... but damn, looks like part of your body is missing fromthe rear, like the ass got chopped off or something, maybe thats the tire carriers purpose? :shrug:

black is hard to beat when its clean though :D

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Looks good man.

You would think the aftermarket would make a bumper without an indention on it, I'm guessing any tire much larger than stock wouldn't fit on there anyhow and you would just throw the spare in the back.

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good man.

You would think the aftermarket would make a bumper without an indention on it, I'm guessing any tire much larger than stock wouldn't fit on there anyhow and you would just throw the spare in the back.

Yeah, I wish someone did. They have a spacer you can but on the spare holder so that it can hold any size tire, some people have 32s on there.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Black is so pretty when it's clean!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
looks good. nice work. i still miss your truck though.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Great job Donnie! I'm not looking forward to doing mine :banghead: I think I'm going to take a trip to Jersey and have [email protected] do his thing :)

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Man, mine needs it so bad. We've had so much damn pollen here, it's crazy. Everything was yellow as hell for like a month. The news said the other day an average pollen count is in the 200's and our pollen count was in the 6000's! :insane: It finally rained yesterday and today though, thank God! My whole truck is yellow as hell.

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great job Donnie! I'm not looking forward to doing mine :banghead: I think I'm going to take a trip to Jersey and have [email protected] do his thing :)
Definetly do it man, looks like he does a badass job. I did my moms car sunday and I couldn't believe how many swirls/scratches I removed. My dad made a comment that his quad cab truck is next weekend :lol:, that big bitch is gonna be a pain!

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, mine needs it so bad. We've had so much damn pollen here, it's crazy. Everything was yellow as hell for like a month. The news said the other day an average pollen count is in the 200's and our pollen count was in the 6000's! :insane: It finally rained yesterday and today though, thank God! My whole truck is yellow as hell.
That is pretty crazy! We don't get too much pollen here, although there is some. I just hate the bland landscape this time of year, it's horrible. New England looks great is it's covered in snow or nice and sunny, just not the colorless time in between! Look at the difference in the picture I posted and these:

P7260504.jpg

P4290392.jpg

frontyard.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts