GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ssr2, ssr1, black hole glaze, 50/50 wax. All done by hand, didnt get as much out as I wouldve liked...might have to order a PC soon...hope this works, here goes....

Front fender, still some swirls...
100_0105.jpg

You can see the scratch to the left of the camera :(
100_0107.jpg

rear fender looks pretty good
100_0110.jpg

gas tank, swirl city
100_0111.jpg

left side
100_0113.jpg

right side, looks good here
100_0114.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats a nice lookin bike you got there...Gotta love the Black/Chrome combo!

Is that your 2500 in the reflection off the rear fender?

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Now that is a good looking bike :thumbsup: Fuck plastic.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I need to detail mine here one day. Looks good man!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
great job all you need now is bring the shine back to the seat

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looks good!

all you really need to "detail" a bike is a can of honda polish. :)
HAHAHAHAHA you're funny :read: :ninja:

Even though I sense sarcasm in your post, I'll still say it takes a LOT to detail a bike. I've spent 3-4+ hours on some Choppers. And the best tool of all while detailing a bike, small hands! :anitoof:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol yeah, its easy to make look pretty clean...but SUCH a PITA to get it realllly clean, and keep it that way. So many little nooks and shit, not to mention its black. :biggun:
And I think the bars are 14" but Ill have to check on that.
Thanks for the compliments guys, I might do a lot of powdercoating in the winter, Im thinking the whole bar setup and some motor accents black...:think: too much chrome, what you think?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
nice infiniti g35 in the background :imo love those cars

word on taking forever on the bikes. i detailed my fathers roadking, and gotta do 2 electra glides soon, they take forever. my main thing i hate is if any chrome polish gets on the black part of the motor some have. i usually tape off a lot of pieces when i do bikes.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,153 Posts
sick fucking bike!

·
CHEVY FAN
468 Posts
lol yeah, its easy to make look pretty clean...but SUCH a PITA to get it realllly clean, and keep it that way. So many little nooks and shit, not to mention its black. :biggun:
And I think the bars are 14" but Ill have to check on that.
Thanks for the compliments guys, I might do a lot of powdercoating in the winter, Im thinking the whole bar setup and some motor accents black...:think: too much chrome, what you think?
Never too much chrome!!
Chrome won't get you home..
But it will get you laid!!:)
Mine has 18" bars on 6" risers...:biggrin:

·
Registered
374 Posts
nice infiniti g35 in the background :imo love those cars

word on taking forever on the bikes. i detailed my fathers roadking, and gotta do 2 electra glides soon, they take forever. my main thing i hate is if any chrome polish gets on the black part of the motor some have. i usually tape off a lot of pieces when i do bikes.
An aeresol dressing like Stoners Spray N' Shine (Messy as hell, but the best example I can use. I use a local retailers brand) is your best friend when doing bikes. It can get those hard-to-reach areas on the motor and it holds well.

By the time you finish polishing all metal, paint, plastic, cleaning the grease that the owner NEVER touches, etc. you can easily spend 3-4+ hrs on a bike. Hell even my uncles old Big Dog, with as open as it was, still took me around 4 hours if I wanted it to really look good.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Nice bike!!
I seriously need to detail mine before our trip to Helen this year.
Black = :suicide: to keep clean, but looks killer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts