GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some new products and had to test them out. I havent done a full detail on the truck in probably a year or more and it was really needing it. It had tons of overspray on it, swirls galore and just looked dull.

Washed with 2bucket method and grit guards and foam gun
Clayed with meguiars clay and quick detailer
1 Pass - Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover with Orange "Swirl Killer" Pad
1 Pass - Adam's Fine Machine Polish with Orange "Swirl Killer" Pad
1 Pass - Adam's Fine Machine Polish with White Polishing Pad
2 Light coats of Meguiars NXT (all i had at home :()

Still need to do the frame, wheel wells, rim, and dress tires but im gonna work on that slowly every night this week since im super booked with other stuff before pismo next weekend.

Overall I was really happy with the outcome and loved the adams products. Ive used a few of his products before but never any polishes and pads and will continue to order from him. Ill have some better pics of it next weekend at the pismo meet

only good pic I could get of the condition of the paint since the sun was in and out all day
IMG_1647.gif

All done
IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

Scratches in rocker from people jumping in and kicking them
IMG_1643.gif

IMG_1644.gif

These were thru the paint which I wasnt to happy about :biggun:
IMG_1645.gif

IMG_1646.gif

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Awesome man :shake:

You gotta get some of their detail spray, it's awesome

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
Looks amazing.

I also hate when people climb into my backseat and STOMP my rockers. :mad:

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome man :shake:

You gotta get some of their detail spray, it's awesome
yah i had some of it before but recently ran out. im gonna make another order here pretty soon, so addicting :biggrin:

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
looks good man..cait wait to see your truck again, although its going to make mine look small:down:..you still rolling with no front tint?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good man..cait wait to see your truck again, although its going to make mine look small:down:..you still rolling with no front tint?
a guy i know with the same exact truck as yours just chevy came over and parked next to my truck and it looks soooo small. cant believe mine was that height before and i thought it was pretty big but now it seems small

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
a guy i know with the same exact truck as yours just chevy came over and parked next to my truck and it looks soooo small. cant believe mine was that height before and i thought it was pretty big but now it seems small
lol :biggun:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Nice dude

My rockers are scratched too. I always kick them when the truck is laid out lol. Same thing with the bed sides.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
your truck sat like 3-4"s higher than mine before so now the tables are just turned

cant help you out tho lol
lol I guess I wont be able to block your truck with mine..so hopefully cops dont spot you.:biggrin:

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Looks good! That is by far my favorite GM color, the silver undercarriage highlights it well.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Looks freakin' killer dude... been a long time since I've seen that truck in person... hell, it was still stock height when you came buy to buy the floormats. When you gonna bring that bish out my way again so I can see it in person??

yah i had some of it before but recently ran out. im gonna make another order here pretty soon, so addicting :biggrin:
No joke... I'd drink the stuff if I didn't think it'd make me sick. Order a gallon next time.. totally worth the money so you don't have to worry about running out.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
turned out great man!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts