GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I usually do cars,trucks,ect. but i got a call about doing a customers boat. I know there similiar but how much would you guys usually charge for a medium sized ski boat to wash and wax the outside and clean the inside up real well. i was thinking around $150 is that too low or too high?

any other suggestions

thanks alot

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Gel coat I'm assuming?? Does he want the outside done or just the interior?? Are you correcting anything or is it just a clean and shine type job?? The few boat jobs I've taken on its been a real pita to correct scratches... gelcoat seems to require MUCH more aggresive products.

For cleaning the interior and any tough water stains look for a product called "Amazing Roll Off".

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fast response. Im going to call him and find out, but his words on the phone were that he wants the paint coated with wax and the interior fully cleaned. (carpet,the seats cleaned and treated,ect) He basically just wants it cleaned up for the summer time to use it.

I heard of people charging around $10 a foot but this is a first for me so i dont know how much to charge on a boat.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did a little research and found out they charge anywhere from $10-20 per foot.

thanks guys for the help, il post pics tomorrow when im done with it.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Gel coat I'm assuming?? Does he want the outside done or just the interior?? Are you correcting anything or is it just a clean and shine type job?? The few boat jobs I've taken on its been a real pita to correct scratches... gelcoat seems to require MUCH more aggresive products.

For cleaning the interior and any tough water stains look for a product called "Amazing Roll Off".
That shit is GOOD. I really like using it a lot. BEST product I've ever used to clean tires as well.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
ARO is awesome stuff. I have over 5 gallons of it. I've even cut it and it still works great. If your just washing/waxing it shouldn't be all that hard. Just watch wax around graphics if there is any, I hate seeing wax buildup around them. I love detailing boats, just sucks when there in the water and I have to use the dingy. Especially when I do most of them mid summer. Have fun man, its nice to do something different then cars once in a while.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
ARO is awesome stuff. I have over 5 gallons of it. I've even cut it and it still works great. If your just washing/waxing it shouldn't be all that hard. Just watch wax around graphics if there is any, I hate seeing wax buildup around them. I love detailing boats, just sucks when there in the water and I have to use the dingy. Especially when I do most of them mid summer. Have fun man, its nice to do something different then cars once in a while.
HA... you actually detail them while in the water?? Thats cool... never really been an issue... the few that I've done have been dry docked or on the trailer, but I guess if you want your boat cleaned while its in the water it can be done. :cheers:

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i'm gonna be a dickhead here, but anyone wanna bu a bottle of 3M finesse it II (marine) i have no use for it anymore and it's brand new for $46, i'll sell it for $25. Sorry for the shameless plug fellas.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
HA... you actually detail them while in the water?? Thats cool... never really been an issue... the few that I've done have been dry docked or on the trailer, but I guess if you want your boat cleaned while its in the water it can be done. :cheers:
lol, yeah I do about 50-60 boats in the water every year. People just are to busy to call me before the put it in or just really want to get it into the water. It gets a little "edgy" at times trying to stand in the dingy as I clean or polish the sides, or when I try to rig up a ladder to the dingy/dock walkways so I can reach higher on the sides if the water level is low. I've been in the water a few times on accident, lol. I would much rather do them on a trailer :crazy:

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
ARO is ,well amazing....i'm trying to get Chris to try it and carry it:crazy:
Luckily theres a shop <5 miles from my house that does custom canvas work and they sell it.... CHEAP. I don't really go thru it all that fast though.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Luckily theres a shop <5 miles from my house that does custom canvas work and they sell it.... CHEAP. I don't really go thru it all that fast though.
I do,but I use it all over the house though,vinyl siding,stove and microwave etc lol

I've actually been meaning to find the manufacturers contact info and see whats up.
Do it!!! For now I get aro from AG,but then I have to order a few other things just to make shipping worth it

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. It turned out great and the customer loved it!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Scrubbed down with p21 and topped with 303 for some UV protection.
boatdetail.gif

detail3.gif

Optimum Polish/SSR1 on White Pad
Meguiars Wax
detail4.gif

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
nice job man!

not to sound like an asshole or nething...but i just did two boats, wash wax simple clean up no correction or nething....350 a piece! they were 22' and 26'....maybe two or three years old!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts