GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I headed to Cupertino to meet up at Kyle's house to install my Detroit. As soon as I got there we dove right into the install, and everything went fairly smoothly. Here are a few pictures of the process:

Cover off:
52SwapParts030.jpg

The small bolt that has a washer on each end to keep the Detroit compressed was reused from Kyle's locker....
52SwapParts032.jpg

Axle shafts and ring gear removed from the housing:
52SwapParts034.jpg

Ring gear apart, the Detroit replaces all the spider gears
52SwapParts039.jpg

Locker installed:
52SwapParts042.jpg

Then finally, putting the cover back on:
52SwapParts046.jpg

After we left, we headed to San Ramon for a FSB meet and greet. My buddy owns a full size bronco, and we figured it would be cool to meet up with some fellow truck enthusiasts as well as grab a bite to eat at Nations, here is a nice picture of my K5 breaking up the line of FSBs. :D
52SwapParts051.jpg

All in all it was a good day. Thanks again Kyle. :shake:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This morning after re-torquing the carrier bearing cap bolts, my dad and I headed to the local OHV park, La Grange. He actually did quite a bit of driving, as I took tons of pictures. I got stuck within about 2 minutes of arriving, haha, wasn't paying attention at all and slid off into these ruts:
LaGrangeMarch252007002.jpg

A CJ-5 with a winch tried to winch me out uphill, but all it did was drag the Jeep closer to my Blazer. Right away a guy in a newer RCLB 2500HD pulled up and offered a tug from behind, and with some wheelspin he was able to pull me out of the whole stupid mess.

Here are a few from throughout the day:
LaGrangeMarch252007012.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007017.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007026.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007044.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007036.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007059.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007070.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007076.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007084.jpg

LaGrangeMarch252007087.jpg

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Looks good:D

Sorry again for not torque'ing those carrier bearing cap bolts, totally slipped my mind at the end. Glad they were tight enough and you got it handled before something happened, if ever.

Ive got a nice TSL radial chirp mark right outside my driveway now, at least we know it works.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Good Job Guys. Casey now you gotta show us a picture of 2 black lines you will leave hahah.
Kyle, its nice of you to help other members out. Thanks for taking the call over the weekend too!

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Everyone loves their free summit racing hat :D

·
Architecture owns me
2,351 Posts
Looks like a blast really makes me kick myself for selling the k5 then again we really don't have any trails locally

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
<---- jealous

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good:D

Sorry again for not torque'ing those carrier bearing cap bolts, totally slipped my mind at the end. Glad they were tight enough and you got it handled before something happened, if ever.

Ive got a nice TSL radial chirp mark right outside my driveway now, at least we know it works.
Ha ya the carrier bearing bolts weren't a big deal to torque down at all. Thanks again. :shake: Sorry about that chirp haha, the Blazer likes to lunge when it's not warmed up.:D

Did that locker make a big difference for ya?

Glad it worked out good!!!
Ya it works great, thank you once again for the smooth transaction.

Good Job Guys. Casey now you gotta show us a picture of 2 black lines you will leave hahah.
Kyle, its nice of you to help other members out. Thanks for taking the call over the weekend too!
When I get some new tires, you can count on some 2 black streaks.

Everyone loves their free summit racing hat :D
Yup, they are the best for whenching. :crazy:

Truck looks good man, I'm jealous of the detroit! Gov-locks suck!

Beat me to it :lol:

I can't wait until my carb comes in the mail, I need to wheel.
Ya the Detroit is awesome, and I drove in the rain today and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. I know how you feel about not wheeling, I was going through withdrawls when I was away at school for 9 weeks last quarter!

Looks like a blast really makes me kick myself for selling the k5 then again we really don't have any trails locally

Nice looking K5 :head:

Killer K5!

Thanks for the compliments guys! :head:

Cool that your dad is into wheeling, mine thinks im fucking retarded haha.
Ya he's a pretty good sport about it, I'm lucky that's for sure. Now that I got the K5, he's starting to get the bug even more, now if only I can get him to help chip in on some upgrades... :hmm:

<---- jealous
No worries, I'll be very jealous of your beast soon enough:imo

·
Registered
871 Posts
your K5 is nice, looks like its fun to go wheelin in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts