GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one ever had problems with installing the tank? i went to lift mine up last night the front hangs about 1 1/2 lower, an the filler neck doesnt clear the frame. it looks like the filler neck was not welded where it is suppost to be, all the pictures i see they are flush with the top of the tank, and mine is about 1in from the top. other then it not fitting its a bad ass looking tank. im going to have to call and see what they say, i was just wondering if anyone else had any problems??

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
i think pics would help better understand, but by the sounds of it its either sliding up wrong or you got a faulty one?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill get some pics up later, ill be calling when they open to find out what the deal it.. i think the fab work is a little off.. i had the truck up on the lift and used a transmission jack to position it so i wasnt fighting it..

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
it may be possible that they sent you one of their S10 tanks by accident. Thats a long shot, but it could happen.

Later
Chad

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i solved the problem the pics explain it all.. either the fab work was off or my truck is a freak and its different then all the other 03 gm fullsizes. the tank now sits 2 inches off the ground. very pleased except for this little malfunction

DSC01703.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts