GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And dropped off my new SS3600 and new 30K cooler... Looks like this weekend will be fun :evil:

-anybody taking bets on how longs before I beak it this time?? :rofl2:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
About time, almost as much stall as me. :) :rofl2:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should flash to close to 4K with that nice bottle of atmosphere I have. I'm just really relieved to have all the parts in one city again LOL... we'll see how it works out this time.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Break the converter in first... don't be too tempted to hit the spray!

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Break the converter in first... don't be too tempted to hit the spray!
Well I havent sprayed it at all since about October honestly. Since the last time it was on the Dyno. I have yet to even spray the new cam... it should respond well though... I'm figuring about 500 miles to completely break-in the new converter and the fresh trans. I'll change the fluid after that and then see what kind of nuts it has. :anitoof:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Rad. Don't the stalls need around 50 lock ups to seat the clutch?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, thats what I have been told... I guess I'll have to keep a tally on the dash board or something :rofl2: they say only 150 miles but if you think about it.... you could only lock/unlock it a handful of times in that many miles if you keep it on the hwy... Thats why I'm figuring a little longer than they say...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Fuck it, fill it up with fuel and hit the brake pedal to cycle the TCC lockup. :D Make it faster.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doooooo wha?????? that sounds kind of expensive LOL.... fuel? I think I'll just follow the break in procedures plus some LOL... I have dropped too much money in this thing as it is.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Cruise around in 3rd around 40mph and tap the brake with your other foot. The converter should unlock, then relock. :) Should speed up the process

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, that makes sense... never thought of doing it that way. With the big cooler(s) I dont think heating up with be an issue either... especially since its all going through -6 hose now instead of that tiny hard steel shit. :hmm: makin me think Eric.... thats sometimes not a good thinig. LOL...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I try. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts