GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK if you don’t know what the (DIC) is it stands for Drivers information Center and I have one on my new truck but the problem I’m having is switching drivers the truck came with two sets of keys and keyless entry transmitters one is marked driver 1 and the other is driver 2 when you put each key in the ignition it is supposed to bring up the settings for each driver, but when I put driver 2 in it just said driver 1 and goes to my settings then I used the driver 2 key for a while it finally switched to driver 2, so the I put driver 1 back in and it still said driver 2, then the next time I went somewhere with the driver 1 key it said driver 1 like it should, now I’m trying to program some settings for driver 2 and it wont come off of driver 1. This is starting to frustrate me very badly since there is very limited info about this in the owners manual. If anyone has experience or any knowledge it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Mines like that also. I've always just used to the Driver 1 key and remote. You may want to try like unlocking the doors with the D2 remote and then put the D2 key in the set the things you want then lock it with D2 remote. Then when you want to switch back unlock with the D1 remote etc, ect. That's about all I can tell ya.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Wow...mine says driver one all the time...of course I don't have the steering wheel controls so that may have something to do with it :think:

My key bobs don't even say 1 and 2 on the back anymore. I had them replaced (under warrenty...long story) and the ones the dealer replaced them with were just generic. Oh well...I'm the only one who drives it anyway...

But since I'm assuming it has to be an 03+ to have a DIC...if worse comes to worse take it to the dealer...should be fixed under warrenty (if there is a problem)...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Werd! If that doesn't work I would take it to them. Mine has been acting funny as of lately. Sometimes it won't say shit! Just blank! So there may be something wrong?!

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My truck is always in my garage when not in use so there is really no need for me to lock it, right after I posted this thread it came to me maybe the remotes control it not the keys and I tried it and it worked. but thanx for all your help guys its nice to know that if I didnt figure it out I would have had the answer when I checked back on the site. I was gonna call the dealer and check if i didnt get any responses here, but I just had to deal with them today it seems someone forgot to put in the passengers side low beam bulb and I got that fixed this morning, I hate dealing with the service department especially for something like that it was such an obviouse answer and now I feel like a dumbass for asking about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts