GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've located a DIC out of a '02 Denali. Can anyone tell me the exact way to hook narness up. I have '01 Yukon XL. I've seen several threads about this but the poster usually never gets it right without going back and saying "well I forgot this or there's no white wire or some BS that always leaves you hanging." "Try this or that."Does anyone know the exact way to hook it with the harness without the hassle. 7-8 wires, I don't know, you let me know, colors , where to hook in I'm clueless. Either you know how it goes or not. Thanks.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I culd tell ya how to installa a dick if u realla wannaa now ho its prety easi

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
DICSCH.jpg

That's for a 2002 Denali - It is the EXACT way to hook it up, lol. Let me know if you need additional schematics. (you shouldn't, after reviewing it)

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Oh and for members scratching their heads as to what a DIC is...

Driver Information Center. On 01-02 Eskys and Denalis.

It can be wired into any 99-02 using the above schematic, and if you're lucky enough to acquire one.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
ive been searching forever, trying to find if im able to use it with ym manual and see the realtime MPG, lol.

Where can i get those a/c controls matt? i like the slashes instead of the numbers...

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Unfortunatly, that HVAC controller is only compatable with models equipped with that option from the factory. There are special mode doors, directors, air temperature sensors etc... It would be a HUGE undertaking to convert to this system :(

edit.. BUT i had an idea... If you were to get ahold of one on ebay or something.. I don't see why you couldn't use the faceplace. The back of the module itself has different connector, but the front plastic looks identical for 99-02's.

·
Registered
684 Posts
will the DICs on HD with the Dmax? and if so is the wireing the same?

also what exactly does the DIC display? any links that explain what its functions are?

·
Registered
542 Posts
will the DICs on HD with the Dmax? and if so is the wireing the same?

also what exactly does the DIC display? any links that explain what its functions are?
average MPG, real time MPG, range (how many miles you have left) and it shows average speed and maybe a few other things. what year is your Dmax?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, looks like a major rebuild. I'm just looking for it to show mpg, fuel left, etc. Shouldn't be over 7-8 wires to harness. I don't need doors ajar, bells, chimes, rpm's, all that BS. Should have clarified that. Good info though.

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
If you don't have the steering wheel controls, it can be wired up - the info is in the system, just needs buttons attached. Someone at DieselPlace did it, if I recall correctly.

-bZj

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
part # for the DIC for a 01' Silverado by any chance?
The DIC was only available in Escalades and Denalis. Don't have a part number, but you'd want the harness as well and together, they'd be huge bucks from the dealer. Best bet is ebay.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great schematic, but I won't need all that to show mpg, gallons used, left, average speed, etc. will I ? I shouldn't need over 7-8 wires into harness, eh ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The part # for the '01-'02 display is 15082595, harness # 1873. Talking with a tech he says unless the BCM and VIN are married you could be in for trouble. The shit has to jive right. He wouldn't touch it. All I
want is mpg, gal. used, remaining gals., average speed etc. I don't need all the plug and plays on the harness and there are a ton of them. He said he's fried a few BCM's. Suggestions ? Maybe hooking this up to the baics of the old buss system
(7-10 wires) not the '03+ type new system will give me what I want ? No reflashing of BCM and hooking up all the plug and plays ? Harness looks like a 7 wire hook up as the first(and only) plug in the back of display then it branches out into all sort of plug and plays. I think the 7 wire is what I need.

1 gray, 1 pink,1 yellow,1 orange,1 green, 1 green/white,1 black(navy)/white. Anyone know where these color wires splice into and what the results will be ? Reflash needed, any codes to be set off, SES, security lights, etc.? Thanks

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
What's the problem?! The BCM isn't involved in any way whatsoever. This module (the DIC) just "observes" and catalogs data collected from the data bus (the wire you tap into, going to the obd2 connector under your dash - yellow) and the VSS (this wire is in the harness that plugs into your cluster drk grn w/white stripe)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, yellow to yellow, green/white to green/ white in harness off of speedo cluster ? (Guarantee there is a green/ white in speedo cluster ?)

pink ?
orange?
solid green?
black/white ?
gray ? (dimmer)

Is it best to disconnect negative battery terminal (or pull fuse) before doing these hook ups ?

The reason for the questions is I've read where guys tapped into purple wires instead of yellow, couldn't find a white wire, all kinds of different shit.

Examples--http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207406&highlight=dic+install

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183900&highlight=dic+install

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184478&highlight=dic+install

All sorts of conflicting shit. One guy says it needs an eighth wire.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts