GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked into the cepek lift for my chevy and am quite impressed. ITs a full 6.5" of lift w/o torsion bars. this would work out great. Anybody here run this lift and what do you think of it.

9,778 Posts
I have never heard a bad thing about this lift and it is definately the lift I plan to run on my 98. Go for it!

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
It is THE kit for OBS's, if i hadn't gotten a killer deal on my Superlift, i would've gone that route no questions asked. Do it...Do it...DO....IT!

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is the kit i plan on running when i lift my 95.

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
DirtyBlackZ71 said:
I have never heard a bad thing about this lift and it is definately the lift I plan to run on my 98. Go for it!

:word: well unless I decide to go bigger then I will just save for awhile longer and go straight axle :crazy:

·
Registered
172 Posts
the cepek is the best IMO, Full drop 6.5" kit out there, very stout and well built. You will not be dissapointed with it.

·
It's not what you buy!!
254 Posts
I am running a DC 6.5 and enjoy it, but many friends(4) and I have gotten dents in our front shocks. It's no big deal xcept for looks. Fix: you can turn the shocks upside down or get a double shock kit. Thats the only problem with them, all in all great lift. They can really take a beating.

·
Registered
172 Posts
chevysmithZ71 said:
I am running a DC 6.5 and enjoy it, but many friends(4) and I have gotten dents in our front shocks. It's no big deal xcept for looks. Fix: you can turn the shocks upside down or get a double shock kit. Thats the only problem with them, all in all great lift. They can really take a beating.
got any pics of your truck and your friends rides?

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
i wish i had gone with the dc, ive heard nothin but good things about them. unfortunately, too little too late. my rcd lift is fine except if i want to do serious off roading, it doesnt drop the from differential back down to factory geometry for the cv joints. so i go through them probably once a month. lifetime warranty, gotta love it :D

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
chevysmithZ71 said:
is your truck a 97-99??? its very common for those years to dent the shocks. GM moved the LCA shock mount. causes the UCA to dent the shock body during travel.

·
It's not what you buy!!
254 Posts
Yup it's a 98!! Just sold the lift last night. Can't beat a straight axle!! Thats in the process, Yeah!!!!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts