GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is the semi awkward moment of a new guy posting on a new forum. We all know the routine, I'm considered a squid or spammer until I hit 50 or so posts. This isn't my first rodeo.

I did however just pick up a 2004 GMC Sierra SLE Z71, all stock except the wheels in which I'm still trying to decide if I like them.

tru.jpg

I'm new to owning a 4x4 as I've been a more performance oriented modder.

Last ride was a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. 360hp/385ftlbs

_6.jpg

Fully modded, not going to list everything but I ran a best of 12.8 on street tires.

I stripped the car and sold all the mods and bought a 2000 S-10 extended cab 4 banger, then traded the stock car for the 04 GMC plus cash.

My ride prior to that was the one and only Ford I will ever own. A 2003 Harley Davison F-150. Fully modded, 436hp/598ftlbs

1-truck.jpg

Never ran it at the track but it was hands down faster than the G8.

I also ride a 07 ZX-14: lightly modified

ZX14_1-3.jpg

Pretty much sums up my introduction.

No plans to mod the z71 till next year and the S-10 will be bagged this winter.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
nice rides man welcome from texas

and yeah those are discount tire wheels. can't remember the exact name, never was a big fan of em. but to each his own.

any plans for the new truck?

and btw your username is 1 letter off from my last name haha

·
chevy owner for life
184 Posts
you know the wheels on your sierra look like the ones I have on my silverado but my truck is black so I think they look a little odd on a white truck IMO
but look around the forum for ideas on wheels for a white truck, there are a bunch on here!!!
welcome to the forum by the way!!!
but no mine are not from discount tire!!!
IMGA0016-3.jpg

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I was thinking your car looked pretty familiar and then I realized you were posting about selling it on the grrrr8 site the other day. Welcome to GMFS.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the site. I really like the G8 and ZX-14. You've got style, sir.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Appreciate the warm welcome.

I have no idea what typr of wheels those are on the Z71, I'll get a closer look and see if I can get a part number. I think they are the Discount tire ones though. I think it will look better once I add the factory black fender flares on it. Just got done swapping in some new rear rotors and pads and next will be new shocks.

As for the F150, man I loved that truck. I regret selling it everyday but at the time I was living in San Diego and at 8mpg in the city and 12-13 hwy at $4.10 a gallon was not cutting it. Plus I was hanging on the ragged edge of the stock block and honestly can't believe I didn't pop the motor. I stripped it down and traded it in on the G8.

The G8 was fun but I instantly had buyers remorse because I'm a truck guy at heart. I dropped about $7k into it and it was getting way too expensive to keep modding and it was a magnet for trouble. Pulled over 5 times, no tickets though. Little incidents here and there that never happened to any of my other vehicles. So I decided to strip it down and get rid of it and to get something different.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
bitchin rides. that harley and g8 are tits. wish i could have either

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I totally forgot about my Yuk on the street, lol

yuk.jpg

Its for sale too if anyone is interested. Superb shape. Shoot me a PM

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone know how many posts I need to post in the "Wanted" Forum?

I'm looking for a set of stock fender flares for my 04 Sierra. Preferrably black but any color is fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts