GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little out of controll :hack:
Started doing a little trimming to give me a little more clearance.

trim_1.gif

trim_2.gif

That is from the Driver side, and it started raining and I didnt get to finish.
More will be coming off of that side :devil2:

Hope it is nice after work wed. so I can get the driver side finished and hopefully get to the Pass. side started and finished up. :ninja:

Anybody else that has done this cut want to post up pics if you have them so we can compare?

BD

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Did come cutting

Dude the subject really scared the shit outta me (misspelled either way) :) ... Whata relief...

Hit is up with some shots of the truck minus the extra weight.

Edit: this post doesn't make any since now that he corrected the suject spelling :(

·
The power of beer
306 Posts
Good luck on the trimming, Brandon. I know it took me a while to get it mine where it needed to be. There was no rubbing when I got done though. Is your's rubbing very bad?

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been only street driven so far, but I have hit the plastic liner that is right there AT the fender quite a few times. And Im leaving a nice rub mark on it about 2-3 inches up it. But I dont think I have hit metal yet. But Im sure if I left it the way it was I would do some nice body damage the first time I hit the dirt.

Hopefully this will get it fixed.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The trick to trimming is use a welding mask. This way you trim PLENTY and you wont rub, and it doesnt hurt till ya take teh mask off :D

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dark Eternal said:
The trick to trimming is use a welding mask. This way you trim PLENTY and you wont rub, and it doesnt hurt till ya take teh mask off :D

:head:

Still Rain, So no more cutting today:bawl:

·
Crazy coonass
11 Posts
I need to do mine. I keep putting it off and it needs to be done. 9" with 35's and I can still make them rub. :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts