1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 03 Tahoe
1,989 Posts
Make sure you do the rotor as well.....

Cameron

· 03 Tahoe
1,989 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
im still learning..im not too great with my truck yet..what do you mean rotor.....???
Inside the distributor cap there is a rotor that spins on the distributor shaft. This rotor distributes spark energy to each of the 8 points from the center point (which is where the spark energy comes from the coil. Most replacement distributor caps include a new rotor....it's very easy to install.

Cameron

· 03 Tahoe
1,989 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
are they expesive...i will have to wait till i get my paycheck to do it either way....but also are there any good mods for the tbi engines that are of reasonable price and have a good pay off....

are headers worth getting...or will al they do is make it loud....and im not sure but i dont know if i will pass smog here in cali....but let me know ...and thanks for the help so far
Usually 20-30 for a cap/rotor kit.

There are plenty of street legal headers for your truck. Really headers tend to quiet exhaust notes overall since ideally they improve exhaust flow and make it less restrictive. They do make power....

Do you currently have any mods done to your TBI now?

Cameron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.