GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the updated fuel spider in my Tahoe today. I got everything back together and turned the key to prime the rails and everything looked good. I then fired it up and fuel was spraying out from where the fuel lines are plugged into the fuel meter assembly.

I climbed back up in there and even though the little bracket that holds the two fuel lines down is tight, the one on the right can be pressed down even farther into the hole. I tried one of the fuel o-rings that I had laying aroiund and it helped it so it doesn't spray out it just dribbles out now into the fuel meter assembly. So what did I miss on this? Any ideas? Thanks! :shake:

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. It is the fuel line on the right that is leaking. This pic was before I did the swap.

truck014.jpg

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are you sure that the replacement o-ring is the correct size? That is about all I can think of right now. But I will keep it in mind. I didn't have any problems when I did mine.

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after I tried the one I had lying around. I ran over to O'Reillys and got the only fuel line o-ring kit I could find for the l31 and tried those and it still leaked. I don't remember any o-rings coming out when I took the fuel lines out and I know I didn't get any with the new spider assembly.

I guess the thing I don't understand is why the left fuel line is seated firm while the right one can still be pressed further into the hole past where the bracket is molded for the fuel line.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There should have been two o-rings and a spacer on each line. You put the first o-ring on then the spacer then the other o-ring and then push the line down in the hole. You say the smaller line is able to move down. Maybe you lost this spacer. I know when i was messing with mine when i pulled both lines out one of the spacers came out with the line while the other stayed in. I guess it was just stuck to the line.

Here is shitty picture where you can see the spacer and lower o-ring. I don't have the other o-rings in in this pic.
IntakeGasket-40.jpg

IntakeGasket-41.jpg

Also i seem to remember the hold-down bracket only going on one way but could you have it installed reverse of what it is supposed to be. When i did my intake gaskets i re-used the stock o-rings with no leaks. You must have lost a part or have something installed wrong.

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I just got done fixing it. I looked at my own picture and figured it out. I put the damn bracket on upside down. :banghead: I feel a little stupid now but at least it doesn't leak. It drives and starts so much better now. It's like a night and day difference. Also, big thanks to Matt. I used your thread on your intake gaskets to help me with doing this. I owe you a beer or something at the next midwest meet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey man, no problem. I am glad someone is getting some use out of it. Like i say, it might fall a few pages back, but at least its searchable.

So it really does make a difference? Mine idles sort of rough even after a general tune-up. Maybe i should do this as well.:hmm:

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it made a big difference on mine. My truck came from Cali and the Cali gas is known for messing up the poppets on the original "injectors". I did it becasue my fuel pressure regulator was leaking. The upgrade replaces the entire spider assembly. It uses real fuel injectors instead of the crap poppet valves.

I also had a rough idle after a tune up and just from running it tonight it idles a lot smoother. I'll post back up after I've had it running for a few days as to how it idles and how the driveability (sp?) is. Anyway, this thread has some good pictures showing the differences and the part numbers for the parts needed. You can get all of the parts from GMPD. The spider assembly is $230 right now. You may not need the bracket or the seal. The bracket is the same as stock, it is just recommended in case something is wrong with yours. The seal kit is just the oval gasket for the fuel meter body.

http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/messages/231640.html

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah it made a big difference on mine. My truck came from Cali and the Cali gas is known for messing up the poppets on the original "injectors". I did it becasue my fuel pressure regulator was leaking. The upgrade replaces the entire spider assembly. It uses real fuel injectors instead of the crap poppet valves.

I also had a rough idle after a tune up and just from running it tonight it idles a lot smoother. I'll post back up after I've had it running for a few days as to how it idles and how the driveability (sp?) is. Anyway, this thread has some good pictures showing the differences and the part numbers for the parts needed. You can get all of the parts from GMPD. The spider assembly is $230 right now. You may not need the bracket or the seal. The bracket is the same as stock, it is just recommended in case something is wrong with yours. The seal kit is just the oval gasket for the fuel meter body.

http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/messages/231640.html
Glad it worked out for you.

And that pacific-audio is a real help, lots of good pic's and info.

·
DO IT OR DONT
291 Posts
Yeah i did that to my truck hated putting that back together i had the hardest time getting that o ring to seal glad you got it worked out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts