GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think most exhaust shops are able to work with 4 inch aluminum pipe? I only ask because 4 inches is pretty big and i want to switch up my exhaust. Heres the plan, Dual 5 or 6 inch tips, straight out the back pointing down at a ~15 degree angle. Like right on each side of my hitch. They wont be sticking out at all, Im just sick of my exhaust always drooping down. This is for a diesel so....thats why everything is so large. I would dump my exhaust but then soot would get everywhere.:whip: Think its possible for any shop?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
IT's some bigass tubing, so it may be difficult to do some custom shit.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
LOL, dump trucks are badass. I found an old 2.5 ton Chevy I wanted bad about four years ago. It was so badass. :rofl2:

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ship me your MBRP!
like i want to take that shit off :LOL: I think im just gunna have them feck with it from where it goes over the axel on back... dumptrucks rock.... i love using the jake brake cause my dad has the exhaust dumped from a 7 inch pipe straight into the ground. loud as fuck. :D

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
i just want it from the Y back dammit!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Most places don't have the dies to bend 4" every place around here can't do it.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
I would just take your exhaust off, and use a chop saw on it at the end, after the axle. then remount everything and put the tip where you want it, tuck it up etc. then tack it in place, take it off and weld it up. No bending neccessary.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Most places don't have the dies to bend 4" every place around here can't do it.
same here.

For mine, we ended up getting a system for a ford truck. We're going to piece it together using the bends in the kit and sections of pipe. I'll have some pics this saturday.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
same here.

For mine, we ended up getting a system for a ford truck. We're going to piece it together using the bends in the kit and sections of pipe. I'll have some pics this saturday.

Can't wait to see this sewer pipe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts