GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I"ve got a 00 silverado ext cab pretty much loaded but the guages are just kinda boring, being a little older I don't like most the white face / flames etc but I really liked the platinum gauges on here

so what would it take to retrofit those into a 2k model?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
00-02 guages are different than the 03+...

As far as I know the shape is different and the wiring has minor differences. They are incompadible...

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
2002 Escalade Guages will fit your 00 model truck. They are very similar to the ones above, and can be had for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y2KSierra said:
2002 Escalade Guages will fit your 00 model truck. They are very similar to the ones above, and can be had for a reasonable price.
is there a pic of those?

and as far as incompatible, everything desirable is incompatible, it's a matter of how much effort to make it work. that's when the real custom badassness comes out.

my ? is what is different. how different is the shape etc.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Here is the escalade one for 03-04 trucks...

Here is the escalade one for 99-02 trucks...

You can see the shape differences and slightly different mounting hole locations. I think the wiring is vastly different and the work required to *possibly* make it work would not be worth a stock look. If you want to do a cluster upgrade get the ones for 99-02 applications.

Here is a link to the 99-02 escalade one from gmpd.com http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=15073350

Cameron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts