GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the phone with Napa for a price on plug wires, they told me that the '99s had two different option for coils, one made by Mitsubishi and the other by Delphi, how do you tell the difference?

also, I'm getting my truck ready for spring, I'm getting a new serp. belt, plugs, wires and maybe a new o2 sensor as preventative maintenance, anything else I should be looking into?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
just got off the phone with Napa for a price on plug wires, they told me that the '99s had two different option for coils, one made by Mitsubishi and the other by Delphi, how do you tell the difference?

also, I'm getting my truck ready for spring, I'm getting a new serp. belt, plugs, wires and maybe a new o2 sensor as preventative maintenance, anything else I should be looking into?
my 99 has delphi, it says it on the coil I believe or on the coil harness or some shit like that, I just had my damn engine torn apart and I cant even remember, i will check when I get home tonight

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
according to my ls1 book, there are 2 or 3 diff. coil packs (cant remember right off the top of my head). According to the book, GM says one is not superior than the other. they just had 2 or 3 diff. manufacturors.

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
according to my ls1 book, there are 2 or 3 diff. coil packs (cant remember right off the top of my head). According to the book, GM says one is not superior than the other. they just had 2 or 3 diff. manufacturors.
true, but I have to know which ones I have in order to get the right ones from napa

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
true, but I have to know which ones I have in order to get the right ones from napa
go look at them, worse case take the coil packs off, they are held on by 5 10mm bolts, take one side off and inspect them until you find the manufacture, I believe mine said Delphi right on them, so if they dont say anything you might be screwed

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
go look at them, worse case take the coil packs off, they are held on by 5 10mm bolts, take one side off and inspect them until you find the manufacture, I believe mine said Delphi right on them, so if they dont say anything you might be screwed
k, thanks

damnit, its starting to rain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts