GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need up the dimensions of front bags cups for a 99-02 silverado, and i also need to dimensions of 2 link bars. I really need this so i can do everything right. :read:

·
Scooter
550 Posts
Rollin20s said:
I'm in need up the dimensions of front bags cups for a 99-02 silverado, and i also need to dimensions of 2 link bars. I really need this so i can do everything right. :read:
front mounts you can do a 6" i normally make it a 1/2" smaller to get a little better ride pressure in the bag and a nice ride height.. you can plate the lower arm or use a 2" lower mount made out of the same tubing you use to make the upper mount.. now as for the 2 link BAD IDEA.. if you want to do it right get a parellel 4 link.. that is the only way your goignt o be aont he right track....

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Dude...DON'T DO A 2-LINK. Just don't do it. Do it right, don't make your truck ghetto. If you're really convinced you want a 2-link ( :bawl: ) then the jackasses over at Streetsourcemag.com will be of more assistance.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd just be making a 2 link for a temporary rear end setup until i can get my kp 4 link canti :evillol:

·
Registered
559 Posts
yes,get the kp kit,i just got it on my truck and it is awesome,i would never do anything but kp in the future,just do it once and do it right bro :bowtie:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
he IS getting the KP, just doesnt have the cash for it right now. He's making a 2-link as a temporary setup.
Why not just wait and do what he wants the first time instead of having to redo everything?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
because he can make a 2-link instead of buying one. That way he can have air all the way around instead of just the front.
But doesn't a 2-link weld on while the KP 4 link is fully bolt on? If he welds on his truck around there seems like he might be making it more difficult to run the 4-link kit in the future. Kinda taking 4 steps backwards to take one forward for a short period of time.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Y2KSierra said:
But doesn't a 2-link weld on while the KP 4 link is fully bolt on? If he welds on his truck around there seems like he might be making it more difficult to run the 4-link kit in the future. Kinda taking 4 steps backwards to take one forward for a short period of time.
not really, all i am welding it bag brackets, not a big deal to get off when im ready for the 4 link :read:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
a 2-link bolts up to your stock hanger, and uses ubolts to hook to the axle. That's how I've seen it done. The bags can be mounted several ways, even using bolted on brackets.

·
Registered
559 Posts
well if it aint gonna cost u anything go for it but how short are u for the canti? if its only a couple hundred just save for it, i got my kp 4link/canti shipped to my house for $900

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
02chevy said:
that broke?.............sheeeit
yup, those new 20s set me back :bawl: :evillol:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
dude... dont waste you time with a 2 link.... even if it's free....

Do it ONCE, and RIGHT, the FIRST TIME

especially since you are going with the KP kit(which is bolt on)... dont mess with any custom setup... just wait until you can afford the kit to get bags in the rear.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i bet u $100 if u do the 2link u wont end up spending ur money on the kp kit and just settle for what u got,u are gonna think, why do I wanna waste $900,but it definetly isnt a waste.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts