GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What yall think, i think i have dirty injectors on my truck or somethink im driving down the road and out of no were the truck wants to stall out the rpms drop real low i give it gas and it was to turn off completely i have no idea what it could be.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Fuel Pump? My truck lugged and stalled before it became dead.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also sometimes when i get to a stop or a light, i hit the the brakes and start slowing down when i get to a complete stop it trys to stall out to int done alot some times it doesnt do it some times it does.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
If it's a 96+ Truck, clean your MAF sensor.

CRC released a cleaner that is specifically formulated for MAF sensors and I would highly recommend it. I would also discourage you from using Alcohol, Brake Cleaner, Carb Cleaner, Electronic Cleaner etc. Some of these chems can cause more damage than you care to deal with.

Remove the MAF, lay it flat on a paper towel and spray 3 or 4 short burst into the sensor making sure you hit the sensor itself and not just the screen. Let it dry completely before plugging it back up. I would suggeset 10 to 15 mins minimum.

I do not have a can in front of me right now but I think they recommend using this product every other oil change. This should be fine unless you are running an open element and possibly are over-oiling it if it is a oiled unit.

The product # is 05110 and it is less than $7.00 a can at Advance Auto.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took it to a mechanic and they hook up a gauge to a line and the pressure is normal, it only does it at times.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL it would fucking help if you told us the year, make, model, etc on the vehicle you're talking about...................

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried what denaliano told me, the cleaner for the maf it runs better i was picked it up till around 80 and it run with out problems only once when takin of from a dead stop it kind of try to stall out but it didint, the filters that go in the tank manbearpig is talkin about is it serviceble or what else can i do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts