GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
No more fat chicks
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my 22s outta the shed the other day to clean them up and try to sell them, but theres some nasty "shit" on em. it looks like mold or somethin, but its not. its hard white clusters. its on all four wheels. soap and water didnt work. i bought some eagle one polish = negative. idk wat to do. any ideas? anything stronger to put on it?

·
No more fat chicks
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meant to put that. they're chrome

·
No more fat chicks
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
workin on some pics...

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,533 Posts
Sounds like pitting. That hard white shit is oxidized aluminium extruding through pinholes in the chrome :imo

You'll have to polish the shit out of them.

·
GMC Owner
1,114 Posts
Yah, sounds like oxidization to me. That shit sucks. I never got my rims back to the way they were after that happened to me. Having said that they weren't in amazing shape to start so that may have been part of the problem too.

·
No more fat chicks
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
If chrome polish wont do anything, I would try some 0000 steel wool. Make sure to keep it lubed with soapy water or glass cleaner and dont push down real hard. I got bedliner overspray off of my wheels with this method and it didnt scratch the finish. Seal them up afterwards with some wheel sealant or wax if you are going to sell them.

·
No more fat chicks
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
would the eagle one wax i have work to seal em up?

·
Registered
78 Posts
same thing happen to my old 22's i just sold them like that ... i dont like crome cuz of that reason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts