GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to unhook the beeper that chimes when you open the door to remind you that your keys are in the ignition? is there a wire i can pull or something?

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
ON the obs there is an indicator on the side of the dash were the door hits it i just pulled the indicator out i dont know about the nbs. Sorry i couldnt be more help

9,778 Posts
bigblue said:
ON the obs there is an indicator on the side of the dash were the door hits it i just pulled the indicator out i dont know about the nbs. Sorry i couldnt be more help
Is that all it really takes? Let me know for sure cause I hate it on mine.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Silverado said:
Does anyone know how to unhook the beeper that chimes when you open the door to remind you that your keys are in the ignition? is there a wire i can pull or something?

Are you doing this so you can listen to the Radio with the Door's open outside? Or is it just bugging you when you get out?

I do not know of a all-time fix but If you just want it to stop when you have the door open so you can listen to the radio, you can flip the latch in the door to make it think it is closed. Just dont forget to pull the handle to reset it before you close the door :read:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
likewise, if anyone could tell me what fuse to pull...or a permanent fix that'd be great. When you say you pulled it...is it just hangin there or what?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
does the chime come from the door speaker, or under the dash?
if from the speaker(or if the radio is held in with 7mm screws), you have a datalink II system and its all built-into the truck. You could get the extension harness, a new radio and just leave the chime speaker out.
If your radio isnt a datalink and its held in clips then you should have a box speaker under the dash that can be pulled out and thrown away
I did it the first day I had it

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
you're kinda s.o.l. on that, it's an 04, which means that the radio controls the onstar, door chime and i think some other strange features too. that door chime is amazingly loud, i've heard some b4. If you do go aftermarket like 94flamds10blazr said the harness adapter has an external chime, and you can leave that out.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
look in the manual... GM so thoughtfully offers a way to make it louder.

only way to stop it is replace the headunit.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
DirtyBlackZ71 said:
any pics or can u explain where it is?
its above the fuse box

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
on my truck i can just put the ignition to where it would be while driving, and the door chim goes away. I can listen to music with the open then...

9,778 Posts
sweet when i am working in the shop installing my bodylift I will find that buzzer as well.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Mine was gone a long time ago....I tried to pull the one out of our old Thunderbird in 97' and couldn't because Ford somehow ran the automatic lights through the thing as well........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts