·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Real build starting @ post # 232

Possum.

94 k2500 Eclb Chevrolet

350/d60/nv4500/205/d70

4.56's, lockers, H1's, twin sticked rolling swampers.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
make it big and ugly

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
:popcorn:

·
SKY HIGH CUSTOMS
153 Posts
I started building the brackets for the front and just decided to buy the kit for all the other stuff. Brake lines, bump stops, bushing etc. I have a few pics to give you some ideas. This is the only pic i have but i put some more up later

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Tractor tires look sexy!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im not dropping big coin like I did for my 07' just to get brackets.
This is gonna be a long drawn out project....just gonna throw money at it as I can afford to. Only reason im even starting it is to occupy time and keep me from bangin the living hell outta my 07'.....and the truck will probably be nearly free.

Im sitting at go right now and have a few routes planned out.

---Ford D60 to utilize my Borg and warner case that i already have and that is flange output...no SYE. Mate that up with the 4l80E that truck will already be wired for and then swap in either a cracked out small block or a big growlin' big block.

--Chevy D60 and find a new case and twin stick it. Probably try to keep the 80E still if at all possible.

---ROCKS.....yup front rockwells and add in some rear steer possiblities or just ditch the rear steer idea and for time being kick it with reg. rear rockwell....jsut dont like the idea of having to clear the rockwells with my motor.

I want to keep this with a lower COG and some big meats.....more than likely soemthing like 44" boggers.

Thinking about taking the whole body off frame and having one of my pipeline crews come and sandblast the hell outta it so i have a clean surface with lots of room to work...this will cost me hardly anything but time.

Then strip the whole interior cuz im assumeing its probably shot and sand it all down as well... along with the bed and bust out the rattle can paint job on it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look what i just picked up.....FOR FREE! my bad its a 94 not 95

ii got a million ideas going on right now but first off motor runs and tranny is slipping.....:hmm:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Cummins swap :imo

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Nope not jealous. but a free truck is BADASS.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yup.....gonna yank the cab and bed off and have one of my crews come out one saturday and sandblast the entire frame so I got a clean canvas to fawk with.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that was another thought.....like i said...my mind hasnt quit spinnin yet. Gonna take it one step at a time though.

get the frame done then start on the bracket work.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, the motor has been decided. Im talking to a guy now about a 454 bare block and a set of matching heads.

Got it for a trade.....gave him my .300 wsm rifle. should be picking it up this weekend.

Anyone know for usre whats required to make a 4l80e work stand alone....correct me iff im wrong but from what i saw without really researching, I could carb the 454 and use a stand alone stage 3 kit on the 80e right?

researching that option now....

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Sell da 80e for some cash and buy a TH400 all standalone IMO!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah thats what I was just thinking... a realiable standalone setup for an 80e that still needs rebuilding is ubsurd....

now i got two 4l80e's on my hands lol....

1 - 20 of 618 Posts