GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a few minute and measured and fab'd up some lower strut spacers for my 2011 Silverado.
levelspcrspec.jpg

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Wouldnt trust it either, it could just as well bend the bolt and washers will follow. At least with solid steel its difficult to bend the bolt INSIDE the steel, unlike INSIDE the washers.

Bad idea.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Just how much thread is still engaged on that 1/2 spacer using the factory hardware? I'm just not so sure I would be comfortable spacing it out without getting a longer bolt to make up for it, the oem doesn't generally use generic bolt lengths, they usually have their bolt supplier custom make them to the correct length needed, I would like to see a longer bolt added.

But props for building it yourself, it's a really simple design and just what the leveling companies sell for $200+.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took a few minute and measured and fab'd up some lower strut spacers for my 2011 Silverado.
levelspcrspec.jpg
I have this spacer on my truck now. No problems along with a 2 inch trailmasters leveling kit and 3 inch body lift. I'm Running 35s but off road is munchin some of the fenders even with them cut back a few inches.

I wanted to get another inch and half in the front with the 2 inch strut spacer and two inch level kit but as everyone says the CVs are too far angled. Mines an AWD so I have to have a modified DS? to run a real lift kit.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
G

1 - 15 of 15 Posts