GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went ahead and put a set of DJM shackles on my truck. Stylin Trucks is having a 20% off suspension parts. They were easy to put on and the truck looks better. After getting them put on I went out for a drive to make sure I didn't overtighten them and that there was no noises. The only problem I'm having is that the clamp deal around the leaf springs is hitting on a bed support. Just wondering if maybe something shifted while putting these on and threw things out of whack, or if this is normal?

The clamp around the springs and the support running from left to right on top of the pic.
DSCN1507.gif

Probably just end up notching the support unless you guys have got some better idea.

Before
DSCN1417.jpg

After...Also removed the chrome wheel well molding and put frosted clear corners on. Plan on going out after work and getting better pictures.
DSCN1506.gif

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I measured the gap between the clamp and the support. The driver's side is a little over an inch gap, and on the passenger side there is close to two inches. This surely just isn't cuz of the chevy lean.

Here's some other pictures.
Before
DSCN1416.jpg

After
DSCN1517-1.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts