GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my upper and lower arms for my NNBS and in some places, the coating it flaking off from rubbing during shipping.

I have had DJM components on some of my older projects and I always felt the Powder coat on the DJM components was inferior. I also hate the silver/black hammered finish.

Should I take the time to pull the bushings/ball joints and get them powder coated again or simply prep/paint?

I want longevity and a quality finish which I know stripping and re-coating will offer but if I can get away with prep and paint, I would rather save the money and paint.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I just received my upper and lower arms for my NNBS and in some places, the coating it flaking off from rubbing during shipping.

I have had DJM components on some of my older projects and I always felt the Powder coat on the DJM components was inferior. I also hate the silver/black hammered finish.

Should I take the time to pull the bushings/ball joints and get them powder coated again or simply prep/paint?

I want longevity and a quality finish which I know stripping and re-coating will offer but if I can get away with prep and paint, I would rather save the money and paint.
IMO mine suck bro after putting them on I already have parts that flaked off due to using a little muscle to install them and the balljoint boot don't even get me started and add in that I had to make my own inner sleeves and install new bushings from the get go ... let me say this before you put them on strip them down, powder coat them, re=install your bushings and put new Moog balljoints then install. I wish .. I really wish I did this first .. once these balljoints go they are coming out and getting redone and mine are only 3 weeks old lol. Good luck bro!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts

BTW ... powder don't paint, more durable to protect against rock chips and shit if it is a suspension part I would powder it like the spindles I did ... I did the brake dust shields and calipers and brackets too

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! [MENTION=2822]OnTheLo[/MENTION] Gonna tear them down and get them ready. Also do you know what the moog part numbers are to replace?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts