GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i havent posted a soundclip of my truck since i got the new stack so heres some little videos i made yesterday... Exhaust note got way deeper and whistles a lot, screams like crazy when you step on it, the iphone videos dont do any justice lol, its loud! :crazy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9nSCoEwXJM&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXqksLF8ARU&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4" straight pipe no muffler to a 7"x about 38" curved end semi stack inverted so the curve hides the transition from 4"-7" runnin a ppe +225 hp tune. I think im going to get the diamond eye or mbrp downpipe soon to make it a little deeper and louder

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
4" straight pipe no muffler to a 7"x about 38" curved end semi stack inverted so the curve hides the transition from 4"-7" runnin a ppe +225 hp tune. I think im going to get the diamond eye or mbrp downpipe soon to make it a little deeper and louder
Sounds good!! I hope next week I'm going to get my downpipe installed and see if it makes a difference, sound wise. You run the PPE +225 hp tune with a stock tranny?

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
shoulda went with a 5in system, my cousin has a 5in system with a 6in tip on his and its louder.

oh cute tires btw, they look so small and petettie under there.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea well theres not really too big of a difference between a 4" and a 5" exhaust ur cousin must have a special dmax cuz i know A LOT of ppl with 5" systems on a LBZ and my system with this stack is wayyy louder... Oh and about ur small tire comment i honestly dont give a shit because ive seen u in numerous threads talking shit about other peoples trucks and no one cares. Seriously get over it and get a life its my truck and my money so ill do what i want. I dont care for the look your truck has, i seriously think it looks horrible but i keep my thoughts to myself and respect other peoples likes.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good!! I hope next week I'm going to get my downpipe installed and see if it makes a difference, sound wise. You run the PPE +225 hp tune with a stock tranny?
Let me know how u like the downpipe dude im really considering it. And yes im running it on the stock tranny im going to have to build it soon but i havent limped it yet i heard the 6 speeds are considerably stronger than the 5 speeds that were used in the lb7 and lly trucks. Im thinking about efi live with the dsp5 switch so i dont have to run my race tune all the time but still have the option to switch to a hotter tune on the fly in case i need to smoke out a tailgater lol

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Let me know how u like the downpipe dude im really considering it. And yes im running it on the stock tranny im going to have to build it soon but i havent limped it yet i heard the 6 speeds are considerably stronger than the 5 speeds that were used in the lb7 and lly trucks. Im thinking about efi live with the dsp5 switch so i dont have to run my race tune all the time but still have the option to switch to a hotter tune on the fly in case i need to smoke out a tailgater lol
I let you know hopefully sometime next week. I've read were it's a bitch to put on. I've got a Quadzilla Stealth II that I'm going to put on tomorrow, just to help with mileage right now. And then later on down the road I want to get a lift pump and EFILive. Not lookin to build my tranny right now. I did that with my 06 Cummins and shit it was expensive but well worth it. I think for right now I'm just going to put in a TransGo Jr shift kit andl et it ride

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nicee! Yaa man built trannys get expensive efi with a lift pump
Is tge way to go on a dmax i love the on the fly adjustability... Yea i read on dieselplace it can be a bitch to install!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Yea well theres not really too big of a difference between a 4" and a 5" exhaust ur cousin must have a special dmax cuz i know A LOT of ppl with 5" systems on a LBZ and my system with this stack is wayyy louder... Oh and about ur small tire comment i honestly dont give a shit because ive seen u in numerous threads talking shit about other peoples trucks and no one cares. Seriously get over it and get a life its my truck and my money so ill do what i want. I dont care for the look your truck has, i seriously think it looks horrible but i keep my thoughts to myself and respect other peoples likes.
its very special, its an elusive 02 with the tip dumping under the truck pointed at the ground so it echos off the ground and under the truck.

oh and im glad the feeling is mutual about how our trucks look, glad you dislike mine. ha and I have a life. atleast im not some low life that takes vid of my truck, going look at me all the time, i could give a shit less about the "look at me" factor of my truck.

oh and how many trannys have you burnt/ rebuilt in it?

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
No way your 4" is louder than a 5".... it's just not going to happen, my guess is your buddies don't have the same tune as you and the tune you run makes a huge difference in exhaust tone. EFILive switches are hard to install if you are mentally retarded for sure though. :shake:

I have another bet that you have never done a WOT run over 70mph with a 4 to 5 shift and a 5 to 6 shift in your truck because your stock allison will burn up real quick.

:roflmao:

Just watched the vids, nice WOT run in the second video :bowtie: I think you might have made it into 3rd gear before you let off.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
So when you coming to pismo next? :crazy:

Btw truck sounds and looks sweet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First of all obviously an 02 lb7 is going to be louder than my lbz, lb7s are wayyyy depper than lbzs because the lbz's have a variable vane turbo. Second of all how am i a lowlife that makes videos of my truck i had some people that wanted to hear sound clips of my exhaust so i thought id put up some vids. Oh and btw i have never burnt and/or rebuilt a tranny... NEVER! Just thought id let u know.

And cornell what the fuck are u implying by mentally retarted. Ive installed every aftermarket thing on my truck including my lift. Quit acting like a know it all badass i know how to work on my truck. And yea if u wanna be technical i dont do runs from 5th to 6th gear over 70 mph. I cant afford a new tranny so idk y i would try to break it. As i said earlier i appreciate everyones likes and dislikes therefore i dont go in and hate on other people's trucks i understand that everyone has their own style so i dont talk shit unless someone attacks me first.Btw idk if u caight it or not a 7" long ass stack makes a big difference in exhaust tone. Im comparing lbz to lbz not lb7 to lbz

Thanks a lot josh i really appreciate it

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Btw cornell i used to think u were a pretty cool guy i never talked shit about u or ur truck.. And by the way i let off bc my neighbors were getting pissed my tires are almost gone so ill get u a "real" video soon. I hope u werent expecting me to hit 70 nph in residential area.

Josh- im gonna try to make it down this summer ill let u know when

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Nicee! Yaa man built trannys get expensive efi with a lift pump
Is tge way to go on a dmax i love the on the fly adjustability... Yea i read on dieselplace it can be a bitch to install!
I can't tell you how threads I have read that the downpipe is a bitch to install. I've also read that people want ever put another one again, so I guess will see next week.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I can't tell you how threads I have read that the downpipe is a bitch to install. I've also read that people want ever put another one again, so I guess will see next week.
they are, put one in my bro's 08 while he is in afganastan, pretty much got to take the passenger front side of the truck apart. (innerfencer, take off tire, adn a few other things)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts