GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im thinking about buying hte edge juice with attitude, a k&n fipk2, and magna flow exhaust. anyone run the edge juice on their dmax trucks? i like it because when you buy the attitude all the gauge are there, egt, boost, engine load etc. the juice also recognizes tranny slipping and will adjust acordingly...

·
2,451 Posts
that is a great setup, you may get some trannie slipage though. If later you can upgrade the trannie, you could stack chips and get even more power. Make sure you get a turbo back exhaust, and not a cat-back, becasue it will add lower egt's and even more horses.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, the exhaust i want is turbo back, and transgo makes a shift kit for the tranny. they say it supports up to 500HP

·
2,451 Posts
that would be awesome with a stacked edge with some thing like a duramaximizer or a bullydog programmer.
dieselplace.com is a good site, and is free to join.

So do you have a street truck and a duramax??

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
ituck22s said:
yeah i have a 2wd 1500 thats bagged nbs, and a 04 gmc 2500HD with the dmax
What body lift do you ahve on your truck? Mine is almost same truck, just Chev. Same color, everything. I've got a 6inch Pro-Comp lift but want a body life as well. Any insight?

·
2,451 Posts
you can just buy a body lift for the gas trucks and install it. you will have to work the intercooler lines al little, but its not too bad.
BUT, where did he say he had a body lift????

lets see the pics of the trucks :read: :D

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Andy said:
that is a great setup, you may get some trannie slipage though. If later you can upgrade the trannie, you could stack chips and get even more power. Make sure you get a turbo back exhaust, and not a cat-back, becasue it will add lower egt's and even more horses.

yes, you'll need to upgrade the tranny internals, if you use any setting above stage 3-4 i think.... the 4L80E is stuff, but with a diesel all hopped up on aftermarket tune its not going to last to long...

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ben said:
What body lift do you ahve on your truck? Mine is almost same truck, just Chev. Same color, everything. I've got a 6inch Pro-Comp lift but want a body life as well. Any insight?
no body lift on my dmax yet...its a 8" fabtech lift, i want to doa 3" body and run 38's and 20's.

·
2,451 Posts
onyx said:
yes, you'll need to upgrade the tranny internals, if you use any setting above stage 3-4 i think.... the 4L80E is stuff, but with a diesel all hopped up on aftermarket tune its not going to last to long...
duramax and 8.1 trucks automatics come with the allison silly :D :LOL:

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hear the allison cant handle much over stock either...but we'll see...im planning on running a tran-go shift kit with it

·
2,451 Posts
nice truck man, i missed that. I dont think you should run over 10" wide rim with that lift or youll be screwing you steering over like crazy.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My Bro-in-Law owns a tranny shop and he told me they have rebuilt ~7 Allison 1000 transmissions because the tailshaft housing cracks and leaks all the fluid out causing impending doom.

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
Andy said:
you can just buy a body lift for the gas trucks and install it. you will have to work the intercooler lines al little, but its not too bad.
BUT, where did he say he had a body lift????

lets see the pics of the trucks :read: :D
He didn't in this thread. I was trying to catch him and pick his brain about a previous thread where he actually showed pics. of his truck. I thought I had read that he had installed a body lift on his D-max but now I think I was mistaken. Your input on the subject has helped though. Dark Eternal is going to install it for me and I plan on learning from it. (not real fab savvy yet).

·
2,451 Posts
Ben said:
He didn't in this thread. I was trying to catch him and pick his brain about a previous thread where he actually showed pics. of his truck. I thought I had read that he had installed a body lift on his D-max but now I think I was mistaken. Your input on the subject has helped though. Dark Eternal is going to install it for me and I plan on learning from it. (not real fab savvy yet).
yea, i found the other thread... no harm done, i was the one who emailed nfab requesting how to put a body lift on a duramax, and he just said to disconnect the interrcooler lines and fit them back in after the lift is done. if steven is doing the lift you will have no problems :read:

http://www.atsdiesel.com/products/products-gm-transmission.asp ats makes some allison upgrades

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
Yeh, sounds like Stephen knows his shit and he was nice enough to offer to do the work-god knows most shops in Dallas are scared shitless to touch body lifts now-a-days. I've had 3 lifted trucks thus far, althought this is my first D-max, and I haven't gotten in to the fab aspect of it up to this point.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts