GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth the $350-ish dollars for a throttle body spacer and air intake kit for an 07 Chevy?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
defintely the air intake for sure...now throttle body spacers on the other half are questionable...but you will be a gain in MPG of about 3 miles per gallon with a tb spacer, intake, and exhaust....from my personal experience on a 04 5.3 cc 2wd

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
defintely the air intake for sure...now throttle body spacers on the other half are questionable...but you will be a gain in MPG of about 3 miles per gallon with a tb spacer, intake, and exhaust....from my personal experience on a 04 5.3 cc 2wd
Worst advice ever. A throttle bod spacer is useless no matter how you look at it. It isn't questionable in the least bit. It does nothing for gas mileage or performance. Spending $350 on an intake is a joke. Just cut out the bottom of your stock filter and run a k&n filter(not the fipk system). Speaking from personal experience mine wasn't worth the money.

The best way to spend money is get a good tune, then after that I would do headers or other bolt ons(not including a full intake or tb spacer).

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Worst advice ever. A throttle bod spacer is useless no matter how you look at it. It isn't questionable in the least bit. It does nothing for gas mileage or performance. Spending $350 on an intake is a joke. Just cut out the bottom of your stock filter and run a k&n filter(not the fipk system). Speaking from personal experience mine wasn't worth the money.

The best way to spend money is get a good tune, then after that I would do headers or other bolt ons(not including a full intake or tb spacer).
:word: dont waste your money dude

·
Registered
840 Posts
Unless you're running WOT, you're not going to make anymore HP with a air intake. I' haven't tried one, but the consensus is that the spacers are a total waste.

·
Registered
603 Posts
youll gain over a stock air tube. stock air tube has restictions and silcener in it.

TB spacer is a joke

·
Registered
350 Posts
My FIPK did nothing to my 97. I tested it out at the strip, i know different conditions change times but that summer my truck always ran a 9.9 or 10.0, no change with intake.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Spacers are a waste... an intake can be beneficial when utilized in conjunction with a tune... don't expect shit from a CAI without a tune though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I dont really believe in spending that much for an intake. If you notice all my mods and I still do not have an intake.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I've had both on various trucks in the past. Neither mod felt like it gave me more power, and I didn't see any mileage increases at the pump. Definetly a waste.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
:rofl2: Set down the crackpipe buddy :smokin:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Unless you're running WOT, you're not going to make anymore HP with a air intake. I' haven't tried one, but the consensus is that the spacers are a total waste.

Exactly, gains only start to appear from around 3700rpm and up.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
I have an air raid intake on my truck and see no improvements! Good thing it was free!!!:head:

I spent 250$ on a K&N Fipk and It was nowhere near even being close to worth the money I spent! All you get with an intake is a whistleing noise!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
CAI are more for looks and sound then performace in 90% of the vehicles they're in. Without a tune, they're just that.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
I got my k&N FIPK off ebay for like $150 or so brand new. I got my TB spacer for x-mas like 2 years ago so i put it on. I agree they do nothing, but i'm not taking it off until i get a ported and polished TB. I love the sound of the intake and TBS though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts