GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting that bbk 80mm(I think) tb and the granitelli performance mass air meter with my predator tune. I am wondering if someone can tell me if it's actually worth it?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean I have a stock truck right now but eventually will do head and cam work so I was just wondering how much if any does it help out ya know.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You won't see much if anything from two on a stock truck, I would save the money for hp tuners or efi live, if you want to get something right now maybe some of granitelli's spark plug wires.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Bigger TB, MAF, and predator programmer are the opposite of what i would spend my $$ on if i were u.

You must have meant, nelson tune, e-fans, and headers. Less $ and way more power gain. :read:

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
yah dont do any of that stuff...the bigger TB and MAss air are good if your tunign the 10th degree and you have internals and full bolt ons...

Spend the money on a dyno tune or HP Tuners...get way more HP that way

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
If you want to make your TB better just take it off and P&P it. I did it over the weekend and it cost a total of $15 dollars to do. There's some good write ups for it. Here give me a few and I will get you one

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/993398/4

Sorry TxSilverado for stealing it from your page but it's where I got my info for my P&P

BTW: Porting and Polishing your TB wont get you much horsepower maybe a net of 1-2 to the wheels but it definitely cleans up the throttle body and gives you better throttle response

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
BTW: Porting and Polishing your TB wont get you much horsepower maybe a net of 1-2 to the wheels but it definitely cleans up the throttle body and gives you better throttle response

Yeah on a stock cam. Larger cams gain 6-8rwhp... not much but it helps.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Doesn't that 85mm MAF flow around 900cfm?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
how about i just buy a stock tb, send it to you..you do the work for a set price with shipping back to me. then bam! i have my modified tb..and knowing it was done right.

? up for it ?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
no need to waste your money yet man, ported TB is pretty worthless till you get mods that need it...

You get about the same hp from a stock engine doing a TB bypass, and egr delete.

Dave

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bought a 80MM BBK - Didn't mount right - Had to go find 2 more rachet head screws - Their customer service SUCKS - Called a told them the install problem - 6 days later I received the proper mounting screws - which I already bought - They don't give a damn 9if your truck is out of commision for 6 days. And didn't feel any difference - S0 - Don't buy that shit from BBK

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advise on that one! I was wondering from someone who actually recently tried one and I am glad you posted man! Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts