·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i know im a dumbass

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
i asked the same thing to a mechanic when i blew my cv shaft... he said something along the lines of "no, becuase it will fuck up your bearings"... it was a while ago, but i think that's what he said.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
your tire will fall off

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yes, it holds your hub togetha'. If the hub comes apart, wheels we be flyin', sparks a flarin', and wrecks occurin'.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your tire will fall off
oh wait... yeah I forgot that there is a big nut in there, that holds it all together... it slipped my mind... i was thinking you could slide it out if you undid all the drive bolts from the diff.... im an idiot :read:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
You can do it its a boyette inspired mod. Instead of draggin frame you drag knuckle.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im deleting the first post before I become more humiliated...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i know... I just thought it was funny even to me after I thought about it... cause ive changed em before... I just forgot about that whole big ass nut and all... haha, thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
551 Posts
btw yes you can drive without your cv half shafts in and it will not hurt a damn thing?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Yes you do. The section with the splines and nut have to hole bearing in tact.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
lol I remember when Boyett did that!

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
question

what if you chopped the splined part of the CV shaft off from the rest of the CV and then bolted it into the hub with the nut? would that cause the bearing to come loose like what happened to Boyett?

not sure why anyone would do that but I thought about it after his thread about how his wheel fell off :rofl2:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
question

what if you chopped the splined part of the CV shaft off from the rest of the CV and then bolted it into the hub with the nut? would that cause the bearing to come loose like what happened to Boyett?

not sure why anyone would do that but I thought about it after his thread about how his wheel fell off :rofl2:
That would work I think :imo Search for Mudhungry on FSC, he took his CV out and drove with it and his 38" swamper passed him up on the road :LOL:

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
in theory, if you were out on a trail or something and had a CV break, couldn't you break the joint and take the splined end and put it through the spindle, lock it down with the hub nut and be able to drive a decent distance?

·
Registered
54 Posts
btw yes you can drive without your cv half shafts in and it will not hurt a damn thing?
BTW.

No Way, do not drive without CV shafts!!!!!!!

You can do the cut off piece thing. But you must have the outer part on or the wheel will roll off. It is the only thing holding the bearing in.

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
A few years ago, the dealership tried to tell me that I needed a new cv boot...And my truck is 2WD. I was like hmmm....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts