GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about guys overheating with efans...I want the extra horsepower, but I don't want to sacrifice the cooling ability....input would be greatly appreciated...:bowtie:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Gotta have the proper sized cooling fans. Figure a truck will need at least 4000cfm of air to cool. :imo

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
The overheating issues you are hearing about are most likely related to improper setup i.e. - they're set to kick on at the wrong temp or wired incorrectly.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i know the windstar fans on my truck cool better than any clutch fan GM as ever put out...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Or have a manual switch to control the fans inside the cab, therefor you tell the fans when to cool the coolant down, just keep watching the engine temp on hot days though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
How much cfm does the clutch fan pull/push?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've heard near 10000
:D

well I'm sold on e-fans. I like the look of Flex-a-lites, and I'm not far Nelson's, so I'll definitely throw a set of those in and have the PCM tuned to control them. That's the best way to do it, no? This is for a 6.0.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
:D

well I'm sold on e-fans. I like the look of Flex-a-lites, and I'm not far Nelson's, so I'll definitely throw a set of those in and have the PCM tuned to control them. That's the best way to do it, no? This is for a 6.0.

Nono, stock fan pulls around 10k :shake:

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
OEM Electric Fans :think:

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can use 05 OEM e-fans with a 34" radiator.
What size radiator does a 1500HD have stock? I would go measure it, but I don't have the truck yet. I ordered freight yesterday, so it should be in this weekend.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
I always thought about doing the E fan is it really worth it as far as getting better gas mileage and approx how much power do you get out of one?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I always thought about doing the E fan is it really worth it as far as getting better gas mileage and approx how much power do you get out of one?
can get anywhere from 10-15 horse out of them, obviously only about 5 or so to the wheels. Mostly it cleans up the engine and makes it easier to control your engines temps :imo because you can tune it to run lower than a stock clutch fan

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Doesn't even have to be GM fans...ford makes some REAL fine e-fans :read:
ugh...hooking f*rd fans up would probably be a pain in the bazooka. :insane:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts