GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are having a child, and we curently have 1 dog and maybe getting a second soon.

I have a 2007 nnbs rcsb GMC, and I like it alot. My wife has a 2009 Charger which is a nice large car with plenty of seating room and trunk space.

My wife last night after we go to the dog park in my rental 4 door Canyon gets on this thing maybe I should get a quad cab. So we can fit the dog and soon to be kid in the truck, and go all togather to places.

For those of you with kids should I do this or just tough it out with the RCSB, and take both cars? For me its either now or never becouse I plan to lower my truck here soon, and don't want to do it if were going to get a new truck.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
2015 GMC Sierra - Crew/Std bed, 5.3, 4x4, max tow
3,305 Posts
My wife and I are having a child, and we curently have 1 dog and maybe getting a second soon.

I have a 2007 nnbs rcsb GMC, and I like it alot. My wife has a 2009 Charger which is a nice large car with plenty of seating room and trunk space.

My wife last night after we go to the dog park in my rental 4 door Canyon gets on this thing maybe I should get a quad cab. So we can fit the dog and soon to be kid in the truck, and go all togather to places.

For those of you with kids should I do this or just tough it out with the RCSB, and take both cars? For me its either now or never becouse I plan to lower my truck here soon, and don't want to do it if were going to get a new truck.
Take two cars? That will be the suck....fast. I'd shoot for a CC. I had a EC Colorado. When we found out we had a little bundle of joy on the way the Colorado was gone and the new Sierra was in the driveway. The room is great. You can even toss a bunch of he/she's stuff in there too. The diaper bag, the toys, the extra clothes, the stuffed animals, yada yada. G/f hates my truck b/c she can't put him into the seat and has to jump in, but she does love the room.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
it will get old really fast when you take your regular cab to the store, load everything in the bed, go to another store, and have to move all the stuff from the bed to the cab so it doesn't get stolen.

Thats the worst part about mine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Get a CC I love the room!

·
Registered
288 Posts
is there a reason you cant pile into the wifes car when you go to the store or dinner? why take 2 cars? i understand if you guys go camping or something like that where you need to fit everyone and have a truck bed, if thats the case then i think you should go for a crew cab. i have a ecsb and went camping this past weekend(the wife, 2 small dogs and myself) and i kinda wish i had a crew cab. the extra cab works fine but that little bit more room would be nice. an while your at it, just get a crewcab long bed. i had a f350 4door longbed, it turned like a school bus but i loved all the room(cab and the bed) and hope to get another one some day.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Dog goes in the bed.

My GF and Father both got along fine, raising two families with regular cab trucks. As long as you have another car/truck with a back seat, you'll be fine.

Now, whether you WANT a bigger cab or not is a different issue.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
im with farm truk, dog goes in the bed no questions asked. but for teh safety of your son, please dont put him in the reg cab. if you were to have a wreck it would be pretty bad.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
astrnaughtwanabe

The CC or EC I may or may not get is to pile the family in the cab, and the dog goes in the bed. Its for when we go to family events or to the local mountains to hang out or hiking. We don't take the dog to dinner. Were not that crazy we have a sizeable backyard for the dog to enjoy whatever it does when I am not around.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1996 Yukon

The wreck could be bad enough, but just the spacing of a car seat and two adults could be bad enough.

Extanded Cabs with a car seat is there enough room to make it happen?

I got the RCSB becouse that what I wanted, but damn having a kid messes with your mind. I know I would be fine with my truck, but you sure can mind F*** yourself in to getting something your not sure about.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We did some measuring, and what you said just said is right Crew cab.

Were looking at a couple of 2005-2007 NBS CC for 15-17K. Which is not too bad even with my loss on trade in. The NNBS still are alot more even if mileage is the same.

Well hope fully I will be able to lower something by the end of summer.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
get a CC or ECSB. I had a RCSB then had a kid. Even though we have a 06 Accord, I traded in my truck for a Yukon; great SUV. But once you have a truck you can't go back to not having one. So now I have a yukon and the ECSB truck. Baby can go wherever I go :)

Mr. 960

My wife just messaged me about a Yukon, but I rather have a truck. Just incase I go to Home Despot I don't feel silly dropping plywood in the back.

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/2005-GMC-Yukon-SLE-5528210.html?EP=Email+a+Friend

I personally think an extended would be great since I will have a bed big enough for my ladders, and it will fit my current tool box and tonneau cover.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts