GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I Need Rear Shock Relocators With my Bag setup? I don't have any clearance problems with the shocks, but I was just wondering.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok tell me what the hell is so bad about the IF 2 link. I know it's not a KP components 4 link canti. I didn't even know about KP back when I ordered my stuff. The only thing I don't like about the 2 link I have is that it can't do good side to sides which I've not seen a 2 link that could without Johnny joints, but I'm not all that big on side to sides. So tell me I'm just curious what's so bad about it?

·
Scooter
550 Posts
way2hi said:
ok tell me what the hell is so bad about the IF 2 link. I know it's not a KP components 4 link canti. I didn't even know about KP back when I ordered my stuff. The only thing I don't like about the 2 link I have is that it can't do good side to sides which I've not seen a 2 link that could without Johnny joints, but I'm not all that big on side to sides. So tell me I'm just curious what's so bad about it?
dude IF 2 link are junk my truck had one on it when I bought it.. total piece of crap. when I would go up drive ways and stuff you could hear the frame creek from all the stress on it slightly bent too. so what I had to do from the abuse from it was cut the whole back of my truck off.. then it led into the whole frame up into the firewall. im sure you have heard the same old shit about why they suck and its all true bad drive line angles. which im sure is obvious when you are driving over rough street. all the articulation you are getting is from your frame bending and twisting. they just ardent good for adjustable suspension.. 4 link, wishbone 3 links, are the only way to go.. now as for your shocks if you are thinking about keeping them in the stock location it wont ride good at all. you have to relocate them.. if you need help or want a 4 link ill hook you up.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've heard alot of people complaining about them, but mine are fine and rides fine unless I am going down a shitty road, maybe I just haven't had it on long enough.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Give it time...you'll be upgrading to something else sooner or later :anitoof:

Cameron

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
from the pics I've seen on IF's site, they keep them on the stock location....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does your IF two link have cut off leaf spring eyes for bushings ?
no it's bushings, but not from a leaf spring.

So whats the question? Are you wanting to move them or wanting to know if that's an ok location?
I'm just wanting to know if the location they're at now is ok or do I need the relocator kit that is used on static drops?

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
way2hi said:
I'm just wanting to know if the location they're at now is ok or do I need the relocator kit that is used on static drops?

I would think if you didnt' have any problems before with them there, then don't change it. Did it ride bad or anything? Or are you just curious? EKMW moves the shocks to the link bars but it's not really all that different. I have seen them in that location, and moved all over the place. What I am trying to say, if they are doing the job and are not affecting anything they leave them be.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I was just curious as to if most people with any 2 link setups can keep their shocks in the factory location or buy the extenders

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
The extenders really do more just to keep some shock stroke.....other than that they don't serve much purpose. When you ride really really low the room you would have for a shock in the stock position would have a really short stroke...the extender allows use of a longer shock with more stroke. If it ain't broke don't fix it....

Cameron

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
sorry to get off topic, but do you totally lay out in the rear with that notch in the picture? Did you have to cut through your bed for the notch? My dad and I are about to bag a nbs with the kp canti/4link, and dont want to cut through the bed. He has a power wheelchair he has to carry in the back of it, and going over a hump in the bed would be a pita. Thanks

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Beyond Static said:
sorry to get off topic, but do you totally lay out in the rear with that notch in the picture? Did you have to cut through your bed for the notch? My dad and I are about to bag a nbs with the kp canti/4link, and dont want to cut through the bed. He has a power wheelchair he has to carry in the back of it, and going over a hump in the bed would be a pita. Thanks

Not if we put a lift kit :read:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no hole in my bed. I almost lay all the way out in the rear, the pumpkin touches the bottom of the bed. I could go down about another 1/4" to 1/2" before I lay in the rear. The notch I have can let me lay all the way out I just have to cut the hole in the bed. The notch touches the bottom of the bed floor. I think if I had 255/35's in the rear then I could lay without cutting a hole in the bedfloor. This guy has no hole on 255/35/20's and I'm pretty sure he lays out.

·
Registered
559 Posts
no dude i HAD to cut a hole for the pumpkin for it to lay out,my notch is the same size as way2hi's is but you will have to cut the circle out to get it to plant the frame rails

1 - 20 of 25 Posts