GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get shit from your spouses/significant others or family for modding your vehicles? I'm 32, married with a baby on the way. I'm told putting money into a vehicle for appearance or performance is immature and a waste of money. I'm just addicted to having a nice vehicle. Its like my hobby. Is it immature?

I took my stock 2013 Mustang from this

To this

I can't help it, I love making my vehicle a head turner. Question is, is it a lack of maturity?

·
Registered
579 Posts
yeah i got sooooo much shit for the money i dumped into my nnbs tahoe from family and friends especially when i put the 26's on it. but it got a lot of looks and a lot of praises from people that understood what its like to have pride in what you drive.

·
Administrator
3,443 Posts
It's not immature unless you're foolish and spending money you don't have to do the mods.

I don't hear anything from the wife on it because she understands it's my hobby and she benefits from it, too. I do hear chatter from family and close friends at times not only for modding but also cuz I tend to replace my DD often and start the modding over with it.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Not really a waste, but we should all know it is not the best investment ( you don't usually make that money back ). It all depends on your situation. If you are financially stable enough, it's a good hobby to keep you occupied. If you have a child, and you can't afford medical bills because of your new tires and wheels or the screen door or the front steps to your house are breaking apart, then your priorities are all wrong. Modding a house is so much more satisfying.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I get it once in a while from family but its mostly about how i need to drive something better on gas, like a car... but thats not going to happen and im going to keep doing stuff to my truck. :)

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Your just a little south of me. I'm in westampton

·
GMFS Member
749 Posts
A few people have told me that they don't know why I spend so much money on my truck. Which I don't spend anything on it compared to what other people spend. But do not care.

·
Bitchin' Stitchin'
74 Posts
Single guy, here. Wife's gone, (phew!) kids grown.
My dog doesn't give a shit one way or the other what I spend my $$$ on!
Better than sitting in a bar every night with a bunch of losers.

·
damage inc.
321 Posts
I get a little flack for it just cause i never stop, but i dont see how it would be immature? if your ol' lady wanted to put new light fixtures in the house or landscape the yard no one would think that is immature... I dont see a difference in modifying YOUR vehicle? Like others said, if you aren't spending money you dont have then you are good.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I get a little flack for it just cause i never stop, but i dont see how it would be immature? if your ol' lady wanted to put new light fixtures in the house or landscape the yard no one would think that is immature... I dont see a difference in modifying YOUR vehicle? Like others said, if you aren't spending money you dont have then you are good.
well the argument is that a house is an investment, you put in $20,000 and you gain $30,000 (depending on what you do to it) but if you drop $600 in modding a vehicle, good chance you wont get that back.

My opinion is that i drive my truck everyday, i spend a lot of time in it so i may as well enjoy it and have pride in it.

personally i think you can tell a lot about a person by what they drive. if someone keeps good care of their vehicle, its clean and tidy inside then they are usually a pretty well kept person and have a straight head on their shoulders and work hard for what they have. if their vehicle is busted up, and full of junk and never washed, you can almost bet their house is the same way and their head is cluttered.

take care of your vehicle, and it will take care of you!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts