GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
9,785 Posts
That looks horrible to me. That's the only truck that will never look right with a stepside!

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brock said:
why is the step curved?
Heh, I didn't notice that. I wouldn't be able to deal with that...I use mine all the time to set stuff on when my hands are full and I'm trying to open/close my door.

HumanZoom said:
Anyone have any rear shots? Are they using the same back end the fleetside has?
I'd like to see a pic from the back too...unfortunately, this was the only one I could find. It's called the Dodge Ram High Output 1500 Sportside.
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/03sema_ramho/

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've seen the body style before this one with a stepside bed. A company which later went out of buisness made the beds out of the inside of a chevy stepside bed and I think the tailgate too, it looked pretty good. I've seen a bagged one on 20's too. But that NBS bed looks bad IMO.

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
:blah: Something just doesn't look right about the way they created the "step"- can't even really call it that since its curved and looks like it comes off the body at about a 45 degree angle :crazy: Almost like they took a fleetside bed and beat it with body hammers until they had something resembling a sportside. I like the concept, but the design sucks :puke:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
MrFleming007 said:
:blah: Something just doesn't look right about the way they created the "step"- can't even really call it that since its curved and looks like it comes off the body at about a 45 degree angle :crazy: Almost like they took a fleetside bed and beat it with body hammers until they had something resembling a sportside. I like the concept, but the design sucks :puke:
I guess the thing is they don't seem to be calling it a stepside, but a sportside ... I don't see much of any of the new sportside/stepside being functional at all anymore, it's more a styling thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts