GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I welded mine in cause I thought even though they have the pressure of the truck pushing down on them there's always a chance something could happen and since they're not hard as a spring I was worried about something messing up since when the bag isn't fully inflated you can bend it at an angle.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
No need to weld them in.....IMO it makes it more difficult to change bags and lines if your cups are welded in.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks I've got mine modified to where I can still change a fitting or take the bag out though, just if incase you were wondering "how the hell is that idiot gonna get a bag out if he blow it"

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
As long as you can get the bag out w/o problems then there is no problem. The reason I never have liked to do that is I hate working in tight craped areas if I don't have to and I usually pull the whole bag/cup assembly out as one to work on it. Sounds like you're set....

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks you don't know how helpful you are. BTW I'll sometimes not have so great of a ride, do you have any idea what could that be? I have IF Setup in the front and back and everything was installed properly, the only thing I'm leary about is my shock up front could that have anything to do with it?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Could you elaborate on "I'll sometimes not have so great of a ride" ? Too soft...bouncy...bad rebound....one corner or front or back or both? Shock could def. be it but we need a little more description to really narrow it down a little....

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It feels too stiff and wants to bounce, almost like a truck with cut springs, just not that bad. I have thought I needed a new rear shock before, but just haven't gotten around to getting another one.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Could be a shock....maybe one is dead. Stiff rides don't really bounce....they just shock/jolt ya. Doesn't sound like a bag issue though....sounds like a shock issue.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks I'll check on it. one more thing. my mount on the control arms is welded onto the side of the arm, would it help any with rubbing if I grinded it off and welded it underneath the arm. That way it'd sit closer to the arm right?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Should work as long as it doesn't cause any rub on the bag.

Cameron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts