GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 ccsb Sierra about a year ago and it was already lowered. Going off of measurements that I've taken from stock looking trucks around town, my truck is lowered 2"/4" with just springs in the front and a flip kit in the rear. I'm trying to figure out what brand of lowering kit it has. I've contacted a couple of manufacturers, but no one will claim it! ; -) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

008.JPG 010.JPG
008.JPG
010.JPG

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That’s stock springs on stock struts, factory barcode.

But drop spindles.

And a flip kick in the rear so way over “4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks fir the info guys. I thought most rear flip kits were 4” drops but I do still have the factory hangers, so maybe it is 5”.
As for the front- All of the aftermarket dropped spindles that I’ve seen online are powder coated. My spindles are raw steel so I assumed that they were stock. I’ll see if I can get a better pic of the spindle to post on here.
No one recognizes the powder coated rear flip kits parts though? I’m trying to figure out the brand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack,
I know that they’re not Belltech (I wish), but I thought that they could be DJM. DJM’s parts used to have a silver wrinkle powder coat but they have had a note on their website for over a year now saying that their parts are now black. They have not updated their pictures, so I don’t know if they are a smooth or wrinkle black like my parts are.
Are there any pictures of your truck on the forum? I’m curious as to what your 3/5 drop looks like. Do you know what your ride height is? Mine measures 19” F and 19 1/4” R measuring from the fender lip to the center of the axle.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Jack,
I know that they’re not Belltech (I wish), but I thought that they could be DJM. DJM’s parts used to have a silver wrinkle powder coat but they have had a note on their website for over a year now saying that their parts are now black. They have not updated their pictures, so I don’t know if they are a smooth or wrinkle black like my parts are.
Are there any pictures of your truck on the forum? I’m curious as to what your 3/5 drop looks like. Do you know what your ride height is? Mine measures 19” F and 19 1/4” R measuring from the fender lip to the center of the axle.
Top right of the website... or just go to my album

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I found your showcase. Nice truck, I love the color! Our gap in the front looks about the same but my rear is definantly not as low as yours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daly, I’m planning on flushing my brakes tomorrow, so I’ll take a closer look at the spindles. I’m pretty sure that they don’t have any markings on them but I’ll check them again and maybe take some pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jack, I’ll check the rear hangers tomorrow as well.
I found another pic of the front that sort of shows the spindle. I thought maybe someone could tell if it looked lowered or factory

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took some better pics of my rear hangers today. My hangers do have 8 holes and they are mounted using the lower holes, adjusting the hangers up, which Should give me the most drop. But I also noticed that the driver side hanger had a hole punched through the barcode label above where the shackle was bolted up, so I should be able to move the shackle to that mounting hole and lower the rear another inch if I want to.

I’m perplexed by the front,everything looks stock in the front I think, except for the barcode tag on the spring, because both the rear hangers and leaf spring pad mounts have barcodes on them also. The front spindle is definitely stock because I finally found a pic online of a used factory that matches mine down to the stamped numbers on it. I’ll attach a pic but I don’t think that it will help much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, the hanger is mounted for the max drop, but it looks like I might be able to move the shackle up in the hanger to get another inch maybe. Do you think that you’ll be able to measure your ride height Jack?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Btw-I just googled the part number on the barcode of the front spring and it comes up as a factory spring, so I don’t know how the front end has been lowered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You’re right, it is mounted underneath, but it looks like that is the factory location.

I’ll take a closer look at it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts