just wondereing. Thanks, Michael.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Y2KSierra said:
Yes.

Cadillac calls it "Out of the Blue"
thanks. I am having a really hard time deciding on the color of the truck I am going to buy. I really like the idea of black, but that arrival blue is simply beautiful!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Do black if you like washing your truck and are REALLY careful about avoiding scratches...I've given up on mine. Its black with whatever else is on, right now mostly brown...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the marine metallic blue, but eventually I want to put the denali clip on and I think it would look odd with the blue (since they dont come stock like that, but hey maybe it would be cool to do something out of the ordinary)? I think the RCSB black would look sick with the denali clip

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sevenfold said:
My previous truck was black... I will never own another black truck again.

?????

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sevenfold said:
It is near impossible to hide imperfections in the paint. Swirl marks seem to never go away. Even the slightest scratches will show up.
so what color do you recommend??? no white...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sevenfold said:
I would go with the arrival blue over black, it will be a lot easier to maintain.
marine metallic blue with a denali clip :insane:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
GMCtrk said:
marine metallic blue with a denali clip :insane:
are you saying that if you put a denali clip on an arrival blue truck that you wouldnt paint the clip the same color as the rest of the truck?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I agree with Adam on the black. It's the best and worst color to get! Very hard to maintain. Why not my color?: (Carbon Metallic) I think's it's called Dark Slate Metallic in Chevy. It's almost black at night and very easy to maintain. Here's a pic:
IMG_0270.gif

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slash4824 said:
are you saying that if you put a denali clip on an arrival blue truck that you wouldnt paint the clip the same color as the rest of the truck?
No, it would be painted the same, but don't you think it would look odd? But then again, it's very intriguing! I have never seen a marine metallic blue with a denali clip.

Oh, and also, this has to be one of the most exciting times of my life trying to pick out my first new truck.

At this point all I really know is I am getting a RCSB sierra with the 4.8 and 4l60e. I will have to buy it within the next month though to get the $4000 loyalty in combination with $2000 off from GM card savings. :head:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Sevenfold said:
My previous truck was black... I will never own another black truck again.
:word:

Black looks so cool brand new (I feel in love again at the dealer looking at brand new 04 Sierras), but it is a BITCH to keep clean. White is by far the easiest to keep looking good...we have a white T/A and damn it doesn't even look dirty until you get right up on it.

Then again...I think the blue would make a great colour...even if you were doing a Denali front clip swap...just my $0.02.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
One more question about the colors between GMC and Chevy. Is the Sport Red Metallic the same as the burgandy offered on the new Chevys? Cuz IMO, the chevy color seems a little darker than the GMC.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
El Padrote said:
One more question about the colors between GMC and Chevy. Is the Sport Red Metallic the same as the burgandy offered on the new Chevys? Cuz IMO, the chevy color seems a little darker than the GMC.
Well I know my color in GMC isn't the same as the Chevy color. The chevy is a little darker. My painter painted my SS mirrors the chevy and you couldn't tell until you put them next to my truck. So he had to repaint them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
03Carbondogg said:
I agree with Adam on the black. It's the best and worst color to get! Very hard to maintain. Why not my color?: (Carbon Metallic) I think's it's called Dark Slate Metallic in Chevy. It's almost black at night and very easy to maintain. Here's a pic:
IMG_0270.gif
Hey! I went to the dealer today and holy crap Carbon Metallic KICKS ASS! It basically sparkles in the sun! And it's nearly black too. Hmm, makes my decision even tougher now.

Also, I saw an arrival blue at the chevy dealer, and the marine metallic at the GMC and I could swear they were different!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Silverado said:
I wish I could have gotten carbon metallic that color kicks ass!
it's truly a beautiful color. I was stunned at how it sparkled in the sunlight

1 - 18 of 18 Posts