GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does rcd have a full drop kit? I just talked to a guy that has a used rcd kit and he said that his kit is full drop. What do i look for to see the difference?

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
No, the RCD drops the differential approximately 4.5". It is a knuckle kit, so your front track width will be increased also. The only full drop kits out are the Procomp 6", Superlift 6" (not recommended :imo ), FTS, and the new Cognito kits are a full drop, but use a replacement knuckle, or "spindle". Fabtech, Rancho, RCD, Superlift FIT and Rough Country are all knuckle lifts.

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
does rcd have a full drop kit? I just talked to a guy that has a used rcd kit and he said that his kit is full drop. What do i look for to see the difference?
No, RCD makes a Spindle/Knuckle lift. The easiest way to tell the difference is a full drop kit drops both the UCA and LCA, a knuckle kit just drops the LCA and leaves the UCA in the stock location.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
David hit it on the head.

a full drop kit drops both the UCA and LCA, a knuckle kit just drops the LCA and leaves the UCA in the stock location.
full drop refers to the amount the differential is dropped, the Cognito is a full drop but the UCA stays in the stock location...

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
David hit it on the head.

full drop refers to the amount the differential is dropped, the Cognito is a full drop but the UCA stays in the stock location...

Full Drop Suspension means just that, and the last time I checked the differential isn't considered suspension. Full Drop to me means you get your lift from dropping the suspension system and Knuckle/Spindle means you get your lift from using an extended Spindle/Knuckle. The Cognito 4WD and 2WD kits both get their lift from a Spindle and the 4WD kit drops the diff down to have better CV angles so I guess under your definition the 4WD kit is called a full drop and the 2WD is called a spindle lift yet they are both lifted the same way. Pro Comp gets its lift from dropping the UCA and LCA(No Spindle). They also makes a 2WD 6" system that drops the UCA and LCA. What would you call that one? You can't call it a full drop because the diff isn't dropped the full 6". Oh wait, there is no diff so what do we call it. IMHO, calling a suspension kit, in this case, Full Drop Suspension, just based on the differential drop doesn't make sense since there is Full Drop Suspension lift kits for trucks that don't have Front Differentials.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So every knuckle kit makes the front tires stick out?

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
yep as far as i know thats why im getting a full drop, and the fact that i dont like negative offset rims

1 - 9 of 9 Posts