GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck: 2006 Silverado

Does this door lense pop out or do I have to access that light by taking the door panel off?

I tried to pop it off, but it doesn't want to budge. Seems like it'll break before coming off in one piece.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
yes it does...but be VERY careful. Its flimsy and will indeed break if you don't do it correctly. I actually tried taking mine out and broke it in the process, so no that my stereo work is done and the panels are back on, it's time to buy a new one.

My recommendation is to remove the door panel if you are going to do it...it's really not hard or time consuming at all. Besides, the time it takes to remove the door panel is WAY less than having to drive to the dealer, order the part, and mess around with it once it comes in.

·
Team White
2,530 Posts
Very easy to pop off without taking out the panel. Get a flat head and gently pry it off on the RED side. There is a little piece that slides in on the opposite side so just pull on the RED side so you don't break it.

·
08 VORTECMAX 4x4
256 Posts
anyone have an extra one of these? I need one for the left side. Didn't have the lens when I bought it...

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Very easy to pop off without taking out the panel. Get a flat head and gently pry it off on the RED side. There is a little piece that slides in on the opposite side so just pull on the RED side so you don't break it.
Werd. I broke mine and bought new OEM ones...they are expensive little suckers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts