GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the oil on my 05 Silverado 2WD Crew Cab last weekend and I noticed that the black rubber bump stop is really close to what looks like the lower control arm. Is this normal, or is the lower control arm too close to the bump stop? The following pics were taken with the truck on level ground. It is like this on both front lower control arms. If they are too close, what could be the problem? Front springs, front shocks or something else?

From the records I received from the previous owner, it looks like the front and rear shocks were replaced at about 93K miles with Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks. The truck now has 120K on it.

Here are pics of the front bump stops and lower control arms:

IMG_2594_zps64ff8b2b.jpg

IMG_2593_zps709d0604.jpg

IMG_2595_zps819afa08.jpg

·
Registered
496 Posts
is the truck lowered at all? did the previous owner cut the coil springs?

·
Resident Asshole
11,055 Posts
Stop. Do not drive the truck. Call a tow company to get your truck and take it to the nearest shop. If you drive it like that anymore the truck will burst into flames and the wheels will fall off. Tell the shop that they need to change the selector switch on the tranducer module.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the truck lowered at all? did the previous owner cut the coil springs?
I do not think the truck has been lowered or the coil springs cut. I purchased the truck from a guy who owns a company and the truck was used by one of his salesman. The truck seems fully stock to me. The RPO code sticker in the glove box says it has the Z82 and Z85 suspension packages.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Stop. Do not drive the truck. Call a tow company to get your truck and take it to the nearest shop. If you drive it like that anymore the truck will burst into flames and the wheels will fall off. Tell the shop that they need to change the selector switch on the tranducer module.

Lmfao.

Looks about the right height for a 2wd. It's fine man, keep on driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lmfao.

Looks about the right height for a 2wd. It's fine man, keep on driving.
LOL if it caught on fire then it would give me an excuse to get a new truck!

It looks like the lower control arm would hit them all the time when I go over bumps. Should they be making contact with the lower control arm?

The truck does look like it sits really low, at least for a 2WD.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
They are fine mine actually touch with a 1" drop spring in place

1 - 11 of 11 Posts