GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a little dilemma lets hear some input. I ordered two sets of speakers. Infinity Reference Series (6.5's for the front doors and 5.25s for the rear doors) Lifted05 told me they will fit and is going to send me some pictures of how they mount in there and what not. Only problem is. They sent me 2 sets of the 6.5's!! Should i send them back and get the right size that i ordered or just pick up some kick panels and run two sets of 6.5's. The 6.5's are a little more expensive. But i dont know would it sound better?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They better pay to ship them back. Im not paying for it.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
your welcome. they should pay for return shipping unless you got them off ebay. most times ebay shops will make you pay for return shipping. make sure you didnt get charged for 2 pairs of 6.5s too.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your welcome. they should pay for return shipping unless you got them off ebay. most times ebay shops will make you pay for return shipping. make sure you didnt get charged for 2 pairs of 6.5s too.
I did get them off of ebay. But i know i only paid for one set of 6.5's and one of the 5.25s. The reciepts they sent me were for one pair of each. :insane: And they were seperate auctions so i know thats what i ordered. I sent them an email lets see what they say i guess.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, it looks like its already pretty effing tight with the five and a quarter in there.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They said they are going to send me a shipping sticker and the 5.25's. Works for me i guess. Im in no hurry anyway i dont have everything i need yet.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I can't see where that would sound very good. The woofer isn't sealed off on the left side and half the tweeter is blocked. Maybe it does, but I don't see it.

Also, 6.5's may not fit in the kick panels. I've got the Kicker SS6.0's that are actually under 6.5" and they don't have any room to spare. If the ones you got are oversized, then they won't fit.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John im sending the 6.5s back and they are sending the 5.25's. I may still look into kick panels if money permits. I shouldnt have a problem with 5.25's should I?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i could scrape up some extra cash somewhere id like to get kick panels. I guess we will see.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
$125 shipped from ebay. Friend of mine just bought a set last week for an old hunting rig. I put some Polk Audio DB 6.5's in them. He was pretty impressed. They're powered by an Alpine head unit.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$125 shipped from ebay. Friend of mine just bought a set last week for an old hunting rig. I put some Polk Audio DB 6.5's in them. He was pretty impressed. They're powered by an Alpine head unit.
Yeah those were the ones i was looking at. I got 6.5's for the doors 5.25s for somewhere :insane: and a Kicker KX350 to power them.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
I can't see where that would sound very good. The woofer isn't sealed off on the left side and half the tweeter is blocked. Maybe it does, but I don't see it.

Also, 6.5's may not fit in the kick panels. I've got the Kicker SS6.0's that are actually under 6.5" and they don't have any room to spare. If the ones you got are oversized, then they won't fit.
there is a peice of abs plastic around the opening in the rear. the screws from the 5.25 and the tweeter hold it pretty snug. it had a hallow sound when i first installed them like you mentioned. thats why i put in the plastic plate behind them. the tweeter is angled toward the opening. when i take my door panels off ill take a pic of the plastic. also when i get the new kicker comps im going to snip the area more to move everything relatively in the door panel opening.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts