GMC Truck Forum banner

Doing 5/7-6/8 drop what DT shocks?

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  .ONTHEAIR. 
#1 ·
aight fellas im trying to order some doestch tech/summit sport shocks. I am going to be installing the MCG 5-7 kit and possibly giving the front coils a little trim if necessary to give me 6". What size shocks would be sufficient for this application. Also what would be the most effective way to gain another inch out back with a flip and shackles. The truck is an 02 RCSB - Thanks

#6 ·
They were too stiff for my liking :imo

I have helper bags so i dont need a stiff shock since i dont have a problem bottoming out. If you plan to do an 8" drop i'd deffinatly consider helper bags.

My truck is 4x4 so the shocks I have up front are different. I am running monroe sensatracs all the way around now.

#9 ·
I have some summit shocks that were on my truck with an 8" drop that I'll sell for $30 plus shipping for the rears.

Honestly, if you have the cash I would get a set of resi shocks. You can get fox's for about $200 a shock. PM me if you're interested in either set.
If I stay this low static I will definitely be investing in resi shocks, as for now I believe the summits will cut it.

#12 ·
I read your posts in the summit shock thread and saw that you disliked them along with spanky. I dont mind a more stiff ride and have heard plenty of good things about them as well. I appreciate your opinion, just dont have the money to spend $200.00 a shock, so its these or stock :(. Non of NORCALSS's summit links work anymore would you happen to know the answer to my question above?

#14 ·
#15 ·
i have mcgaughys drop shocks and theyre good so far :)

do 5/8, itll be perfect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.