GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just stuck on what to do on my truck....do i lower it 4/6 with 20's or lift 7" w/ 3'' body lift and 18's. can any one photoshop my truck w/ a 7" lift any tire and wheel combo will work.thanks :head:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
i prefer sport trucks myself... but theres a place in my heart for lifted rides too... just sleep on it and do what you think would fit you better...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
It is all about what YOU want to do. I debated on lifted my truck at first too, but what it came down to was that I had a 2wd and had always liked the "sport truck" look so i ordered a 4/6 and later on some 20s. I'm very happy with the look i have.

The decision is pretty much yours, the 03's look awful mean lifted ;)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they both look damn good.i just so hard..im leaning to do a 4/6 +shackles w/ 20's by the way those billet specialties you post y2ksierra are sweet.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Either way, you are gonna have a sweet truck. My .02 is that if you lift it, you gotta go huge or long travel that shit. I don't see a point of lifting a 2wd unless you do one of those.

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
zubyc said:
Either way, you are gonna have a sweet truck. My .02 is that if you lift it, you gotta go huge or long travel that shit. I don't see a point of lifting a 2wd unless you do one of those.
yeah...just like the one on the cover of StreetTrucks this month

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
I would drop it. I just think it would look "*******" to lift a 2wd.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Consider what you want and how you're gonna use your truck. Lowering might be an inconvenience.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont do much with my truck it manly for looks. i haul stuff sometimes in the bed so it might be hard to put stuff in it when its lifted.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
zubyc said:
How about you get the best of both worlds with a bagged lifted truck :head:
lol... i liek the way you think... but if i were to lift my 2wd id also get a long travel suspension... i just cant afford the one i would want... id want the camberg... and installed its close to $10,000 lol... tought luck for me... im gonna bag my truck though... im stoked
:drool:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I personally like how alot of people are lifting trucks and putting 20's with mud tires on them. There was a white NBS Tahoe in one of the mags a month or 2 ago that I loved that was done like this.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
way2hi said:
I personally like how alot of people are lifting trucks and putting 20's with mud tires on them. There was a white NBS Tahoe in one of the mags a month or 2 ago that I loved that was done like this.
Yeah I'm liking the new way of lifting with 20's too. I have a friend who is wanting to do that. Lifting is also going to be way more expensive than lowering.

·
Registered
785 Posts
my vote goes to lowering it mainly b/c I'm not into lifted trucks, I like them but they are just not my cup of tea if you get my drift

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
El Padrote said:
Consider what you want and how you're gonna use your truck. Lowering might be an inconvenience.
How so?

A lifted truck looks like it would be much more of an inconvienence than a lowered truck. The few times i have put something in the bed of my truck it was incredibly easy because its so low to the ground. A lifted truck would make loading the bed much harder since you'd be bringing everything up an additional foot or so :anitoof: It also looks like you'd have more trouble parking a lifted truck with the huge tires and lack of visability in tight spaces from being so high up in the air.

I'm not saying a lowered truck is easy to drive, i'm constantly on "pothole lookout" when i'm driving, but I think both lifted and lowered have their drawbacks, you just have to know what is right for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts