GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you hate it when after you have poured your blood, sweat, tears, heart, and soul into you truck to get it just the way you want it, someone pops up and says, "You could have bought a new truck with that money." :pissed:
Everything in my signature I did, except for the gears due to lack of proper tools. I was discussing the kind of engine I was going to put in the truck, and some chimed in, "Why don't you just buy a new a truck." Of course I heard that when I put the stereo in, and when I put the suspension kit on. I get sick of those people who think just because a truck is a few years old, or the fact it has more then 50k on it, that it isn't worth fixing up or modifying. :rant:
My truck is a 95' with 225000 miles on it. No leaks, no problems, original engine, and tranny. I can honestly say that it still drives like it is new.
Most of the people on this site has worked on their rides, some more then others. Some of those rides are old, some new, some with high miles, some with low miles. To me the year and mileage of a truck are just numbers. I would take my truck over any new truck any day. Besides, I like not having payments.

:rant: :pissed:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
axisT6 said:
Don't you hate it when after you have poured your blood, sweat, tears, heart, and soul into you truck to get it just the way you want it, someone pops up and says, "You could have bought a new truck with that money." :pissed:
well, i haven't really ever worked on my truck, but i know how you feel. Most people tell me around here that i could have bought a BMW or a benz instead of my truck. It kindof pisses me off, b/c i think my truck has alot to do with who i am. and i've worked hard to get my truck lookin the way it does, through a job, not my parents money.

It also pisses me off when people think that my truck looks exactly like this other kids truck at my school. It was a stock extended cab blue silverado. Yea its exactly the same... fuckers. what did i do about it? i painted it :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Oh Oh Oh!!! The worst one I ever got was this:

Me: Yeah thats my truck, I've been building it up for about 3 years and probably have around $25,000 in it without the cost of the truck

Them: Man, for that kind of money you should have just bought a Hummer and be done with it.

WTF????? I had to school that guy on something :nono: :ninja:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
willyswanter said:

Me: Yeah thats my truck, I've been building it up for about 3 years and probably have around $25,000 in it without the cost of the truck

Them: Man, for that kind of money you should have just bought a Hummer and be done with it.

hummers are bad ass for what they are. They are not a rock crawling vehicle. Im sure you saw the thread of the hummer ordeal on Fordyce on PBB :crazy:

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
well, i haven't really ever worked on my truck, but i know how you feel. Most people tell me around here that i could have bought a BMW or a benz instead of my truck. It kindof pisses me off, b/c i think my truck has alot to do with who i am. and i've worked hard to get my truck lookin the way it does, through a job, not my parents money.

It also pisses me off when people think that my truck looks exactly like this other kids truck at my school. It was a stock extended cab blue silverado. Yea its exactly the same... fuckers. what did i do about it? i painted it :D

I hear ya man!!!! If I wanted a Damn BMW or BENZ I would have bought one!!!!! I think Moding your truck/car is a way to express yourself and is a Great hobby!! :ninja:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:word: to that, miles and age are just numbers, or if you wanna go far enough, bragging rights :D. There were actually badges available for my old volvo that go on the grill and tell about how many miles it has on it, starting at like 300,000 :D Besides, with some of the stuff i see these days, I'd rather have an old truck.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
i've got a similar complaint. a couple of friends and i were gassing up so we could go cruising downtown one night when a guy made a comment to one of my friends when i was inside paying. he said something like "is that an escalade? ya, i remember when those used to be cool." :wtf: this guy was riding in the back seat of a POS ricer eclipse! :wank:

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It also pisses me off when people think that my truck looks exactly like this other kids truck at my school. It was a stock extended cab blue silverado. Yea its exactly the same... fuckers. what did i do about it? i painted it :D[/QUOTE]

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey how much does a paint job like that cost anyways????

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
willyswanter said:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you schooled them well. Your truck is a work of art. You should have done this :nutkick:

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slimm44 said:
i've got a similar complaint. a couple of friends and i were gassing up so we could go cruising downtown one night when a guy made a comment to one of my friends when i was inside paying. he said something like "is that an escalade? ya, i remember when those used to be cool." :wtf: this guy was riding in the back seat of a POS ricer eclipse! :wank:
............Should have ran him over and made rice pudding out of that ricer. Your truck is awsome.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am glad to see that so many people share the same dislike for those who don't and probably never will understand the intimate bond between a man, his tools, and his ride. :bowtie: :bowtie:

·
Banned
487 Posts
'85 gmc 1/2 ton.

ff14b
d44
built TH400
bb454
10" lift
40" super swampers
stering stabilizers
ect. ect.

then i went and shot it with a shotgun and stripped it down....god im a wetad :nono:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Tavis Noak's "Ground Zero" column in the new issue of Truckin' explains how I feel about new trucks. The "new vehicle" experience wears off well before the often times large, monthly payment. Besides, they don't build them like they used to. :bowtie:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I also like the article in truckin were they say " A 2wd with a locker can go 90% of the places a 4wd can". While that might be true for the lighter trails I beg to differ on the moderate to hard stuff. BTW why buy a beemer or benze when you know 50 thousand others will have one identical when you can build your truck and personalize it to make it one of a kind?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
i hate it when people say " hey you know how much gas that thang is gonna use????" :think: no tell me since you know.... or even better "you know what a set of tires like that cost???" :think: no get out of your mama's corolla and come tell me....**** :gay:

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
georgiagiant4 said:
i hate it when people say " hey you know how much gas that thang is gonna use????" :think: no tell me since you know.... or even better "you know what a set of tires like that cost???" :think: no get out of your mama's corolla and come tell me....**** :gay:
:LOL:

I had some ask me that one day when I was filling up with 93 and the total was like $55. The smartass was like "Waste of $$$, how many MPG do you get with ALL that?" I laughed and told him for than he did, 24 mpg on the HWY :D what dumdasses

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
it kills me when i've driven lifted trucks since i could drive...people who don't have a clue say you know how bad that thing sucks gas??? :think: no.....you tell me retard... i know they suck on gas and tires are high! i mean poeple who have boats i don't go up to them and say hey you know how much that cost you on an averge weekend run that thing..i'd sound stupid! :buttkick: you do your thing i do mine! :head2: :smokin: :STFU: :cheers:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Its the same old story. Those who don't do, will never understand.

So many people out there are happy buying a vehicle and being able to turn the corner and have 10 other cars out there that look just like the one that they are driving. Me, it would just piss my ass off if I saw someone driving a truck or car that looked just like mine. People who moddify their vehicles, for the most part, build them up to the way they want them to look. Sure, you want to turn heads and get attention from others, but when it all gets down to it, you do it for yourself.

My dad for one, criticizes me for spending so much money and time on my truck. He just doesn't understand that I am personalizing it to my standards.

And to all the true Truck Guys and Gals out there, Let the modding Continue and leave em scratchen their heads askin why.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
oh eff that... i can top all of you... one time i was filling up my truck and this guy said my truck looks like every other stock silverado! wtf was he thinking... :crazy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.