GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is continued from part 1: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81359

rubber plug gone and set aside. here is the 10mm nut:
IMG_2271.jpg

removing the nut:
IMG_2272.jpg

now for the second nut you need a 6 inch extension to get to it with the 10mm socket. it is in this hole:
IMG_2269.jpg

remove the second nut
IMG_2273.jpg

to get to the third nut: you will need a 10mm wrench to get inside the door:
IMG_2278.jpg

once you have removed all (3) 10mm nuts the door handle should come right off
IMG_2280.jpg

now all you need to do is remove the clips to the actuators for the door locks and door handle and they should slide right out
IMG_2281.jpg

now that you have the handle. all you need to do is get the door lock out and place that into your new handle. i usually just grab it with some pliers and pull one side off and then the whole clip comes out
IMG_2282.jpg

place the lock mechanism into the new door handle and start putting the door back together.
IMG_2283.jpg

once you get the door all back together go ahead and tackle the passenger side. the passenger side is easier since it doesnt have the keyhole with the lock mechanism.

get the truck back together and enjoy!!

IMG_2286.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damn thats a nice truck man! Have you posted it in the member rides section yet? Id love to know the details.

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
Perfect! I used this the whole way through... so helpful.
thx!

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
PS: this needs stickied as well as the power doors are different from manual.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Im thinking of ripping off my ss bumper and putting the stock shit back on IMO. I love your truck.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
This is the write-up I've had bookmarked for a while and will be using whenever my handles arrive, so keep the pics hosted please

-John

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
This thread helped me out immensely. The driver's side was the side I did first, and it couldn't have taken more than 30mins, and when I did the passenger side it took exactly 20mins... I probably would have been there for an hour on each side without the pics cause the instructions from GM suck balls unless you're a technician and can understand what all the retarded descriptions mean.

:shake:

-John

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow i havent checked this thread out in such a long time! i will however keep the pics hosted for as long as i live! haha. i'm glad i could help all you guys out there with this how-to. let me know if anymore how-to's need to be written.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
wow i havent checked this thread out in such a long time! i will however keep the pics hosted for as long as i live! haha. i'm glad i could help all you guys out there with this how-to. let me know if anymore how-to's need to be written.
i had both parts in seperate tabs and the gmfs search in another on my laptop. lol

helped out alot!

·
GMC Owner
1,114 Posts
Thanks! This will help out a lot. Ordered my esky handles so I will be putting those on when they get in. Can't wait!!

·
Milk was a bad choice.
998 Posts
i had both parts in seperate tabs and the gmfs search in another on my laptop. lol

helped out alot!
Same here! There is no way in heck I could have ever done this without this thread. I found 3 other tutorials on how to install esky handles on other forums and none of them still had pics hosted and their descriptions were garbage. I would have sat in my garage for 2 hours, got nowhere, and just got pissed and left without this.

The only thing I had a problem with was getting the lock out of my handle. It seriously took me like 20 minutes just to get it out.. it was like it was freakin welded shut in there or something. Once I got that finished, though, the passenger side took like 15 minutes. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Same here! There is no way in heck I could have ever done this without this thread. I found 3 other tutorials on how to install esky handles on other forums and none of them still had pics hosted and their descriptions were garbage. I would have sat in my garage for 2 hours, got nowhere, and just got pissed and left without this.

The only thing I had a problem with was getting the lock out of my handle. It seriously took me like 20 minutes just to get it out.. it was like it was freakin welded shut in there or something. Once I got that finished, though, the passenger side took like 15 minutes. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
haha... hardest part for me was removing the rod on the pass. side since i got rid of my key hole on that side.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
yup, and its an 03.

heres an old pic... theres a few new things, and a few things under construction, but no pics until theyre done.:crazy:

IMG_1231.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts